The King

She could feel it building up within her stomach, travelling up and up until it hit the back of her throat. Turning to the window, Aurora rushed to wind it down, her mouth already holding the burning contents of her stomach. Gripping the door she stuck her head out and opened her mouth, allowing what was inside to spill out. Her body heaved as each gag brought out more liquid, now rushing from her nostrils too causing an almighty burn to erupt throughout her face. With loud sobs she cried into the night begging for a mercy that was no where in sight.

"Are you orright love? Aurora?" Tommy called out starting to steer the car towards the side of the road, his eyes frantically flickering back and forth to his wife and the road. Concern ran through him, both for Aurora and time that was running out.
"M'fine, keep driving Tom" She managed to get out as she continued to choke and heave despite there being nothing left to come out "M'so scared"
Reaching out, Tommy placed his hand on her back in an attempt to soothe her. He knew it was no good but he would still try. If they didn't get to London in time Tommy doubted there would be anything he could to help Aurora through the heartache that would follow. They'd been driving for just under forty minutes yet time seemed to be moving faster than ever and with each mile they crossed Tommy found his heart beating more rapidly, his sweating palms sliding along the wheel. His only relief was coming from Aurora's open window.
"Me too" He whispered keeping his hand on Aurora's back until she pulled herself away from the window and slumped down in her seat.

"I don't know if I got sick on the car" She muttered with a frown, tears still streaming down her cheeks. She was trying to get her emotions in check, trying to control the panic inside her causing her to be sick but every time she believed she had control Aurora saw her Dad hanging before her eyes.
"It can be cleaned off sweetheart, keep the window down for a bit it might help with the sickness" He instructed turning to caress her cheek, reassurance in his eyes as he held on to his own sadness not wanting to break like she had and make himself unable to comfort her. Tommy had to be the strong for her and for the family, he couldn't lose his head, not now.
"Don't think anythin' will help but I 'ave nothin' left to come out" Leaning to the side, Aurora placed her head back out the window and took a deep breath, her gaze following the line of trees appearing from the dark "How do we save them Tom?"
"With this"
Feeling something light land in her lap, Aurora pulled her gaze from the window and looked down to see Tommy had thrown a folded up piece of paper into her lap. With a curious frown she picked it up and carefully unfolded it.
"What's this?" She scanned each word with a mixture of awe and surprise, her mind denying the very thing she was holding despite it being there in front of her "Why do you have a letter written by the King?"
"Retrieved it during the robbery as evidence but I kept it, kept it tucked away in the bedroom just in case they attempted to fuck us over" Tommy explained, his tone bitter and laced with anger.
"And if they did fuck us over, which they have you now have evidence of King George's involvement in the robbery givin' yourself somethin' to blow their chairs out from underneath them"
"Precisely and when we get to London I will present that letter to Barrister Brown and give my terms in exchange for the family's freedom" Tommy nodded taking the letter from Aurora and placing it back in his pocket, it couldn't risk it blowing out the fucking open window.
"Only Tommy Shelby would blackmail the king" Aurora gave a weak smile for the first time since receiving the call. She should of known Tommy had something, he always did. Sometimes it was hard not to admire his intelligence, Aurora imagined the family would of died a lot sooner if Tommy didn't have his brain wired but if he'd decided to live a normal life they'd never be any danger to sort out.

It was still dark when they arrived but the birds were continuing to chirp happily as they woke up, their mornings already a lot better than the family's. Aurora watched Tommy run up the steps that led to the barristers home nervously. This moment was more important than anything, this moment would shape how the rest of the day went. With furious fists, Tommy rained down on the door loud enough to wake the whole street. It was the type of knock that you couldn't possibly ignore, a knock that would have Aurora fleeing from her own bed.
It didn't take long for the lights to come on in the house and appearing in the doorway with a tired questioning face was Edward Roberts. Before the man could find any words, Tommy held the letter up to his face, his lips moving frantically until Edward turned a sickly shade of white and gestured for Tommy to enter the home.