Burial

Aurora had one black dress.
She had purchased it the week after her brother's death. Her Mam deep in grief wanted to host a memorial in memory of Henry. Aurora still in denial, reluctantly went to the shop and upon laying eyes on the dress, burst into tears. Henry's death had hit her in the chest hard and as she brought the dress up to her body, she found herself on the floor of the shop. The owner, taking pity on Aurora, quickly helped her dry her tears and boxing up the dress she sent Aurora on her way, free of charge.
Aurora had wore the dress again for Bill on the day of his funeral. She had stood from a distance in her dress appearing like a death omen within the cemetery, her face pale and full of exhaustion. The nightmares had been new and raw back then leaving Aurora in a state of incurable insomnia.

Today, Aurora would wear her dress for Bucephalus.
Aurora had gained quite a bit of weight since last wearing it and while it still fit, it was now snug on her form. She would of laughed at her reflection if the meaning of the dress hadn't crippled her insides with sadness. After today Aurora would burn it and hope never to have to wear another black dress again, she did not want to see more death. This would be the last for now.
Brushing down her dress, Aurora stared into the mirror momentarily before turning away and looking down at the bunched up sheets on her bed.
Aurora had woken up alone and while Tommy hadn't left a note, she found herself not worrying, her mind was too preoccupied with last night. What had been one of the worst nights of her life had also became one of her fondest. She had finally done it, she had given herself to Tommy along with the rest of her heart and Aurora couldn't of felt more at peace with her decision. She wanted Tommy to have her heart, she wanted to love him just as she wanted him to love her back.
Grabbing the bedsheets Aurora walked out the bedroom and headed downstairs. She would wash them later, once she was finished saying goodbye to her beautiful horse. Aurora had bled lightly but surprisingly not much, not as much as it had been described to her. She had been expecting a blood bath full of pain and trauma yet it had been sweet and nice.

As Aurora walked down the stairs her mind began to drift towards her other beautiful horse. Poor Fortune would surely know something bad has happened by now. It was the morning after and Bucephalus had not returned. A pang of guilt hit Aurora, she should of went back into the stables last night and ignored Tommy's words. She couldn't imagine the worry and torment Fortune was feeling at losing her brother. The horses had been close and Aurora was now unsure on what she could do to help Fortune through this difficult time. She would offer her all the love and support she could but what if it wasn't enough?
Aurora also didn't want to leave Fortune alone in the stables, not after she had grown so used to having another horse there. Aurora wouldn't be the only one to mourn the loss of Bucephalus and she worried for the mares state of mind.

"Aurora bairn" Anne called out hearing her daughters footsteps on the stairs.
She had been waiting patiently for her to come down, her mind filled with worry yet Anne didn't want to interrupt Aurora's privacy and go up into her bedroom it had been a long night for her child. Thomas had phoned the house just after two in the morning to inform them of Aurora's accident and Bucephalus death. Anne, hearing Aurora had been injured wanted to drive over to the house and take care of her but with Tommy's reassurance and plea to let Aurora rest she had left her visit till later.
Her husband offering to help Tommy dig the grave had gone to meet him at the stables earlier with Aurora's brothers and some of Tommy's men who had quickly traveled up from Birmingham. They all wanted to get the grave dug and covered before Aurora could see Bucephalus, it would not do her good to see his body again.
It was nearing noon when Anne finally received another call to say it was done and to go wake Aurora from her slumber. Rather than wake her daughter, Anne had decided to clean around the house before taking her spot at the kitchen table, readying herself to see the state of Aurora's injures.