Horses

"Let's get you sat down ey?"
Noticing how faint Aurora now looked as she cradled her bloodied hand to her chest, Tommy pulled out a chair and taking her shoulders he slowly placed her down on the cushioned seat before taking another chair to sit in-front of her. Aurora's hand burned in hot agony, she could feel her blood seeping into her dress causing a large bloody print on her chest. This wasn't how she pictured her day going and feeling overwhelmingly frustrated Aurora began to sniffle, letting the first tears fall.
"None of that mouse, it's just a cut we'll have you fixed in no time" Tommy tried to reassure her, not liking the way her bottom lip trembled as she tried to hold her sadness at bay, all because of his fucking cap.
"Ignore my tears, I always cry when I'm angry"
Aurora tried to giggle but failed pathetically and began to cry more, feeling extremely guilty for the problem she had caused.
"I got blood all over your cap, I'm so sorry Tommy"

"Forget about the fuckin' cap mouse!"
Aurora flinched as he suddenly threw the cap across the table with a loud curse before turning his now stormy eyes back on her.
"Sorry Tommy"
"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why did you touch it?" Tommy sighed taking Aurora's hand away from her chest and inspecting the damage only to find he couldn't see anything but blood.
"I don't know, I was curious......I felt drawn to it....I can't find the words Tommy" Aurora admitted, shrugging her shoulders and frowning slightly.
It was true, she didn't know why she had done it.

Placing her hand on the table Tommy got up from his seat and began to look around searching for a towel or rag.
"Sometimes Aurora the things we're drawn to, don't always have the best intentions" Tommy remarked, twisting a towel round in his hand making it small enough to fit in her mouth but thick enough to withstand a bite.
"You know Tommy, if you ever got bored of being a book maker you'd be a great preacher" Aurora grinned trying to distract herself from what was coming.
"Preacher?"
"Yes Tommy Shelby, barefoot on the cobbles of small Heath preaching his wisdom to unsuspecting victims"
Picturing the scene in her head Aurora burst into laughter, her golden eyes shining in amusement and surprise as Tommy let out a laugh. It had been the first time she'd heard him do that and loving the feeling it gave her, Aurora decided to try and make him laugh more often.
"To preach you have to have faith mouse, think I'll leave that to Jeremiah" Tommy smiled taking his seat and staring intently at her.

"You have no faith Tommy?"
Twisting her head to the side Aurora waited patiently for him to answer, now fully distracted from her pain.
"No, straight to hell for me ey mouse?" He winked and leaning forwards Aurora slipped her delicate free hand into his large one and smiled sweetly.
"Don't worry Tommy I'll be there with you, us faithless people must stick together"
Reaching out Tommy brushed his hand over her soft fallen curls and placed them behind her ear.
"Hell is the last place you would go mouse"
Their eyes remained locked for a few moments, both sinking into each other and breathing heavily. Aurora could see Tommy leaning further in and before she could stop herself, she panicked.
"Tommy.....my hand" Aurora whimpered as their lips ghosted against each other, her heart was bounding in her chest, she felt faint and ready to collapse.

"Bite" Tommy ordered suddenly pulling away from her and lifting the towel up to her lips.
Even though Aurora had been the one to stop him, she couldn't help but feel disappointed and had to try hard to keep it from her face. Deciding it was time to fix her hand, Aurora took the towel between her teeth, grimacing at the way it rubbed against her tongue. She noted that her hand was still bleeding and offering it to Tommy Aurora used her other hand to grip the chair, bracing herself for the next part.

A shrill muffled scream escaped Aurora's throat as Tommy proceeded to take the contents of the whiskey bottle and clean her wound. She was thankful for the towel now, her tongue would surely be gone if it had not been for it. Her chest was heaving, she could feel Tommy inspecting and touching the cut within her hand, if she wasn't gripping the chair so hard she probably would have struck him. The cut was small but deep causing blood to bubble over the surface and create more of a mess.
"You need stitches mouse, your Mam got a sewing box?" Tommy announced making Aurora feel extremely faint.
She had watched her Dad sew himself up many times but Aurora had never received such injury before, the worst she had ever done was graze her knees as a child. Blood didn't bother her but needles did, greatly so too.