Wedding Party

Aurora stepped out the chapel and finally began to breathe again. Her chest no longer wanted to collapse within and the tissue she'd used to wipe her tears was now tucked away in her purse. She promised herself that she no longer had a reason to retrieve it. Pushing her way through the crowd as people streamed out the chapel Aurora made her way down the steps and searched for a familiar face amongst a sea of uniforms. The photographer was hurriedly trying to set up his camera to capture the newly married couple and not wanting to be in the way Aurora found herself hidden within the corner alongside two of her favourite people.
"I do 'ave to say you both look very handsome" Aurora smiled stepping in between Charlie and Curly who were watching both the Shelby family and Grace's family arrange themselves on the steps of the chapel.
"And y...you look...v..very beaut..iful Aurora" Curly beamed allowing Aurora to slip her arm through his and hold on. Placing a kiss on his cheek she felt her heart beating steadily once again. Curly had the ability to make anyone feel better, it made Aurora miss him and living in Small Heath. Before she would visit often and now she was rarely there unless it was to visit the horses. Of course she felt bad, she'd left so many people behind in that little town, people who were now family which filled Aurora with guilt because she'd all but abandoned everyone and yet whenever she was still welcomed with open arms even by Charlie who just about seemed to hate everyone and everything except Curly.

"I didn't expect to see you here" Charlie stated with a smirk, keeping his face straight ahead, fascinated by the camera in front of them and suddenly feeling the urge to require one for his yard.
Aurora snorted in reply, no one expected her to be here, she didn't expect herself to be here. It was strange to say the least and Aurora was sure the day would of been filled with tension but so far the air was filled with new life and new marriage and while it was raining and cold the birds chirped happily within the trees and flew over them with a pretty little song. Some would say it was a fairytale wedding except for those who knew the truth and who were still throwing Aurora pity filled looks. Instead of watching all those stood upon the chapel steps, Aurora looked up at the sky and smiled, enjoying the way the rain fell gently on her face.
"Go on, all of you! Back to the house! Go on!"
Hearing Arthur's yells Aurora looked down from the sky, growing irritated as people brushed past her, their shoulders hitting hers roughly almost like she were a ghost watching on. Some apologised, some sighed at her in annoyance but she remained rooted on her spot. Tommy and Grace were now in a horse drawn carriage and for someone who'd just been married Tommy was extremely on edge. His eyes darted around as he took on the appearance of a wild horse, he was looking for something and Aurora knew right away it wasn't her. This time his eyes looked straight through her, his neck stretching to make himself taller and his form stiff and cold just as it did every time there was business. It was only when Grace's hand tapped his hand that Tommy snapped out of his trance and began to take his wife back to the house leaving Aurora in a bask of curiosity.
'You work with children now, you don't get involved with this stuff anymore' She inwardly told herself swallowing the questions that were trying to build themselves up in her throat. She wouldn't do it, she would keep her lips firmly sealed unless she were stuffing it with food. Her Dad had told there was business going on but surely it wasn't going to be happening at a wedding, even Tommy could take a break today couldn't he?

"Why are you standing there like some lost child?" Jane asked taking Aurora's hand and turning her in the direction of the house "We're goin' to be late if we don't move"
"Sorry Janey I was lost in thought, at least we don't 'ave to deal with the crowd" Aurora shrugged, her footsteps falling into place with Jane's, both sisters trying to hurry along down the path, their heels clicking loudly while Aurora secretly cursed herself for wearing them in the first place.
"Wedding day and neither one of them could bring themselves to crack a smile" Jane remarked, her voice icier than the cold air causing a shiver to run through Aurora's spine, it appeared her sister was here to cause more damage than good. She could see Jane had no intention of being nice today and Aurora dreaded being with Jane when she bumped into Tommy. The closer they got to the house the more Jane's hate for the married couple grew "Wedding's nothin' but a show"
Coming to stand in front of Jane, Aurora took her sisters shoulders and shook her slightly, a deep frown set upon her face as she no longer felt the need to rush back to the house.
"Jane stop it! Just stop it! Look I know you hate Tommy and I know you hate Grace but this is their wedding day and the least we can do is shut the fuck up and get on with it. Did you think I wanted to come here? Because I'll tell you right now I had no fucking plan to until you came begging and now I'm 'ere and the last thing I want to do is spend the evening miserable so either put a fake smile on your face and suck it up or find another wedding partner"
"Fine" Pulling herself from Aurora's grip, Jane gave her once last glance before continuing her walk towards the house "I'm goin' to find a new wedding partner, enjoy your evening!"
"Fucking Christ!" Aurora groaned at herself now dragging her heels across the floor, watching as Jane got further and further away from her. She hadn't meant to snap at Jane, well she had but she could of been nicer with her words.