Christmas One Shot

Here's your Christmas one shot my lovelies ❤️ remember this takes place before Aurora's pregnancy and Epsom

Christmas Eve 1921
To say Aurora was excited would be a massive understatement. It was the day before her favourite time of the year, Christmas. Aurora hated the winter but Christmas held a dear place in her heart and always had done from being a young child. There was just something so magical about Christmas Day, even during the war when everyone was at their lowest, wishing for the fighting to be over soon it still hadn't stopped the spirit that lingered in the air. Despite not having much Aurora's family and the neighbours would always get together and exchange gifts and food. Times were sad but in those moments everyone managed to smile even if it was only for a little while.
War was behind the now and Aurora was doing everything she could to make each Christmas the better then the last whilst remembering those who were no longer with them.

Aurora always started off her Christmas Eve by laying the most beautiful flowers on the graves of both Henry and Bill. It was important for her to do that before anything as she wanted them to feel a part of her celebrations and happiness. Afterwards she would come home and place each one of her homemade Christmas cakes into a basket filled with other sweet treats and wine. She would then deliver them to all her neighbours after wishing them a merry Christmas before making her way to the orphanage to gift toys and clothing to the children. Aurora loved to give more than anything particularly to children who unfortunately had been dealt a cruel hand in this world. To see them smile was the best part of Aurora's morning, her day in fact. Once Aurora had done everything that needed to be done she would always leave her home for the night to go stay at her parents for Christmas with a large Hessian sack filled with presents for her family along with two Christmas placed carefully within a box. She loved spending the holiday with her family, she loved being in her childhood home but this year she wasn't going to be there. With her family's blessing Aurora had chosen to spend Christmas in Small Heath with the Shelby's. It would be her first Christmas with Tommy and as she sat in her car outside the Shelby house Aurora couldn't stop herself from beaming in happiness. She couldn't wait to see how the family celebrated the holidays and learn their Christmas traditions but most of all Aurora was just excited to be around Tommy at this time of year.

After making sure she had done her usual routine that morning, Aurora had went to her parents to place their gifts under the tree before making her way to Small Heath. Letting out a squeal of joy Aurora quickly looked around to see if anyone had noticed it before getting out the car and making her way over to the Shelby house.
Opening up the door she peaked inside to see the room filled with men seeping out of the betting shop. Really?! They were this busy on Christmas Eve?!
Closing her slackened jaw Aurora shook her head and tried to squeeze herself inside.
"Excuse me please" She said loudly while keeping her voice polite and a smile on her face. It didn't appear that she was going to make it through the crowd and into the betting shop in the hopes she'd find a family member.
"Afternoon Miss Aurora" One man called out tipping the front of his cap to her and looking directly at him, a sweat starting to break out across her head as she pushed through Aurora let out a sigh followed by a laugh.
"Ello! Is there any Shelby's or Gray's about?" Aurora asked him, placing her hand against the wall in order to steady herself.
"Tommy's in, closed down his office for the day to help out 'ere after Polly nearly took 'is ear off" He replied with a humorous grin recalling Polly's and Tommy's argument earlier. The deadly looks within both their eyes had him looking around for cover just in case one of them pulled out a gun.
"Thank you" Aurora chirped with a grunt as someone backed into her, almost knocking the wind out of her chest and if she hadn't already been pressed against the wall then she would of fell.
"Oi watch out you stupid cunt!" The man barked grabbing the man by the tie and pulling him forwards, away from Aurora "Right everyone fookin' move and let the girl pass!"
"Thank you again" Aurora whispered, her head down and face flushed with embarrassment as she finally made her way into the betting shop, everyone's else suddenly burning into her head.