Sisters

"Dad?" Aurora frowned noticing him lurking by his office door as she walked into the building, he appeared to be waiting for something and Aurora realised it was quite possibly her.
Noticing a small knowing smile coming onto his face, she felt her heart drop, it was quite obvious that he had seen her and Tommy. Aurora tried to move forwards but found her feet frozen in place and not wanting to stand their looking a lost fool she slowly began to unbutton her coat and hang it up on the coat rack beside her.
"Come in to the office Chavi" her Dad sighed gripping the doorknob and twisting it.
"Dad I don't want to ar....."
"Please sweetheart"
The look of defeat on his face was one Aurora hadn't seen often and it pained her to be the one to have done it. Not trusting herself to talk, she nodded her head in obedience and took a few steps forward feeling her mind spin in circles thinking of all the possible conversations she was about to have with her Dad. Aurora hoped it would end well, they couldn't continue to fight it would break both their hearts.
Walking through door Aurora saw her Mam sat in front of the desk and upon hearing Auroras footsteps turned her head and gave her a gentle smile.
"Rora"

William could feel the nervousness coming from his daughter and taking her hand he gently squeezed it before softly pulling her over to sit next to Anne. He understood why she was feeling on edge but him and Anne had finally came to an understanding. It was important that their child knew what they were thinking and what they were going to do.
"Mam, you're in the office? You never come here" Aurora whispered trying to keep a smile on her face as the worry inside threatened to consume her whole.
"Me and your Dad have had a long talk Aurora"
"About what?" Aurora questioned already knowing the answer but she was going to give them the opportunity to speak their minds without fighting back.

"You were right about Tommy Aurora" Anne began releasing a deep sigh, her eyes swimming remorse.
"I....was?" Aurora frowned not knowing which parent to look at, this wasn't how she was expecting things to go.
"Yes Aurora, we judged him too harshly, I chose to do business with the Peaky Blinders because of their reputation as a brutal and unforgiving gang who work hard to make sure their family rises to the top but you...you've seen another side to them haven't you? Particularly Thomas" William explained as he sat down at the desk and leaned forwards.
"Yes I have, Tommy....he's special Dad, he's special to me" Aurora confessed twiddling with her fingers nervously yet her statement was filled with confidence.
"Which is why we have both decided that if you continue to pursue whatever it is you have with him ,we will not stand in your way or do anything to cause harm. If Tommy is what's best for you right now then so be it, just promise me that you'll be careful bairn" Anne continued taking over her for William as he nodded across from her.

"Really?....you're orright with me and Tommy" Aurora exclaimed quietly, her eyes wide in amazement.
"We're not alright with it but we will give you both a chance, like you have told us countless times Aurora you're a grown woman and as a woman it's you who decides what you want and don't want" Aurora's Mam smiled reaching for daughters hand and holding it.
"Thank you! Thank you!"
With a laugh Aurora leaned over and placed her arms around Anne before reaching across the desk and resting her hand on Williams.
"Anything to keep you kids happy" William chuckled feeling his heart burst as Auroras golden eyes lit up and the sadness from her smile finally disappeared, replaced with a true one.
"Speaking of which! Mam, Dad there is a fair happening outside of Small Heath on April 1st, Tommy and his family are going as well as I. Tommy has also extended the invitation in the hopes our families can join together for the fair. It would mean a lot to me if you all could come, even Jane, it will be fun for the kids" Aurora explained her smile growing wider and wider with excitement, this is more than she could of dreamed of.
With her parents on side, she wouldn't feel bad about seeing Tommy beings their backs, perhaps this could even lead to more.