Chapter 10 || FWB

Attendance time :)

When I wake up to warm arms wrapped around me, I frown in confusion. But when I look down and see that red hair, it all comes back to me. Her head's on my chest, her breathing even as she sleeps.

I take a moment to appreciate how beautiful she looks. For once, she looks relaxed, at peace. Calm.

Seeing her like that is nice, she doesn't look relaxed often, she always looks tense, waiting for something bad to happen.

Then her alarm goes off. She stirs a bit before groaning, opening her eyes and slapping her hand onto her phone on the nightstand.

She rubs her eyes awake and frowns, realizing that she's not alone.

When she looks up and sees me, I watch as the memories of last night come back to her. Natasha sits up in bed and sighs, rubbing her eyes again.

"Morning," I smirk and she just chuckles, shaking her head as she stands up, walking to her closet to look for clothes.

"Morning. You need to go before someone notices."

Frowning at her, I sit up, "What?"

She doesn't turn around. She picks out some work out clothes and begins slipping them onto her body.

"I have training soon and you have your own business to attend to."

So last night was a one time thing. I can't say I'm shocked, I shouldn't expect anything to come of it, but at times it felt more than just sex if I am being totally honest. By her words though, I can hear the steel, impenetrable walls she has worked so hard to keep up.

I stand up, not wanting to go to my room just yet before I lean on the wall beside the closet, smiling smugly down at her.

"What, no round 2?"

She shoots me a glare and rolls her eyes, "Your breath reeks," she pulls her face into a disgusted grimace, but the ghosting of a smile keeps me grinning.

I keep my gaze on her when our eyes lock and watch as she sorts through everything from the night before. Her cheeks go a little rosy when she notices that I am still completely naked.

The corners of my lips quirk upwards but the pleasure disappears quickly when she clears her throat and throws a towel at me to cover up.

"You need to leave."

"What?"

She straightens up and turns away, refusing to meet my eyes again no matter how much I try to grab her attention.

"Natasha. I'm not looking for a relationship with you," I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood as I toss the towel and throw my briefs and sports bra on, along with my pants from last night.

She walks out of the room and I follow, "Good, because I don't do relationships. Too complicated."

How did I not think this through? Of course she'd be freaked out the next day. She's the most closed off person I've ever met. She has walls higher than Mt. Everest, barbed wire around her heart, threatening to cut anyone that gets too close.

Still, the idea that she thought I was some love struck idiot isn't exactly endearing. Yeah, she's beautiful, but I barely know her. And sex is sex, I know how it goes.

"Hey," I hiss and grab her arm, whipping her around.

She grunts and twists my arm, making me whimper at the pain but I pull away.

"What's so wrong with sex? Huh? You enjoyed it last night."

Her eyes widen, looking around before shoving me into my own room and locking the door behind us.