Chapter 43 || Jayce Vs. Natasha

Ayooo, people from tiktok who knew I was posting, hey 😊 (go follow! @andshesweird_wttpd)

Anyways hey!

Natasha POV

Tears already start coming out and I look down as the ground breaks, Jayce looking down too. Before where she's standing could collapse, I grab her and yank her towards me, feeling her fighting back but I ward her off as we tumble down the now slanted floor.

As we tumble I grab her mask and pull it off, seeing her face, eyes hardened and murderous.

"Jayce!" I cry, pleading for her to realize it's me. She looks at me, then down below us. When I follow her gaze, my eyes widen when I realize we are about to fall to our death.

She kicks off of me, shooting a web up, latching on to save herself while I continue to fall, my body sliding down.

I pull out the baton hooks and shove them into the metal just as I reach the end. They hook onto the beams, keeping me steady as where we are tilts over to the landing strip. I see Yelena running towards Dreykov's chopper, and when I can finally land safely, I jump down and look up at Jayce who just glares down at me.

She begins climbing up the hallway we were in and disappears inside.

"Jayce no!" I scream but there's no way for me to get back up there.

Dreykov's shouting voice, yelling that Yelena's on the wing, forces me around only to see my little sister preparing to sacrifice herself to blow the chopper and take down Dreykov once and for all.

"Don't do it!" My voice strains, mind tumbling, dwindling down to ashes.

Jayce doesn't even know me and Yelena's going to get herself killed. We shouldn't have done this. I shouldn't have brought Jayce with me. This was a terrible plan.

"This was fun!" She smiles back, with a joy in her eyes, a peace I haven't seen since we were young.

I treated her like such shit these past few days, telling her it wasn't real, the family we had. I told her she wasn't my real sister but that was a lie. She was. Blood doesn't mean family, love does. And love doesn't make you weak, it makes you strong.

Love isn't for children.

Jayce taught me that.

"No!" I shake my head as the tears pool, heart racing at the little time I got to spend with Yelena, all the time I wanted to make up for.

When she thrusts her batons down into one of the engines, it bursts completely, her body flying off the platform, right over the edge.

My feet move before my mind can even comprehend anything. I grab a parachute bag and vault over the wall, diving down after her. 

Opening my arms, I grab onto her, our bodies colliding with painful force but I ignore everything, focusing on her, making sure she's okay

Yelena's eyes flutter open to see me as I strap the bag onto her, latching her in place as I pull the string and the chute comes out, making us float safely.