Chapter 48 || A Change

Hey Losers

Jayce POV

"What exactly are we doing here?" Steve mutters as we walk into a fabric shop, leaving me with an eye roll and chuckle, patting his back.

"Materials, my old friend. If I'm in charge of reinventing Captain America and The Spider. Along with Black Widow and Miss Wanda who well...she just needs something red. We're going to stop here, I gotta collect some things, your suit has been made from high-tech stretch fabric that also has to be blast resistant and carbon polymer. Not exactly easy shit to get. Here, take this."

I hand him a list of materials which makes him frown and tilt his head, fingers gripping the paper, "When did you do this?"

"You drive slow. The first 3 should be in aisle 5."

"Spandex?"

My cheeks get warmer as I huff, "My suit, jackass."

"Where am I supposed to find that?"

I click my tongue and glance around, seeing all the signs writing in Latvian, so with a sigh, I turn to the cashier and plaster on a smile.

"Um...Kur ir spandekss materiāls?" (Where is the spandex material?)

She stares between us and smiles, "Jūs veidojat jauku pāri."

My eyes widen as I listen to her words and I gag, "What? No, no no no. We aren't together."

"What?" Steve nearly gasps and I chuckle, "He wishes."

The cashier lady, who clearly doesn't understand us, just smiles and nods at me, pointing at an aisle, "spandekss."

With a grateful nod, I say, "paldies" (thank you) and nod Steve towards the aisle.

"She thought we were a couple?"

"Well technically she said we make a lovely couple. But you couldn't get this even if you tried."

The long haired soldier rolls his eyes with a playful nudge before looking at the shelves, "Alright, what are we going for? Your classic red look?"

As my brain works through mechanics and gadgets in my own thoughts, picturing the suit in my head, similar to Tony's model but I know that it needs to be upgraded, and it'll have a bit of a different design...tougher design.

With the spandex, along with some mono-atomic iron alloy crystal, I can make the ultimate suit. One that transforms even mid fight if needed.

Nothing wrong with a little extra protection.

The store is flooded with shelves all stacked to the bring with a variety of fabrics, assorted colors, some scraps of metal, some little decor to stitch in, shapes, different assortments of needles for stitching, a sewing machine,.

Parts of the ceiling are chipped, paint faded, wallpaper peeled back. I can hear the buzzing of dying electrical connection in one of the hanging ceiling lights, causing it to stagger with its brightness.