~Chapter 7~

The tension among the group was as high as they were thinking about the plan to stake out a spot to be able to catch whoever had been looking for the serum. Everyone had been in the investigation room trying to think of something as Matthias laid on the couch while River sat on the couch on her phone and Woods looked through the binders on the shelf around the desk as they heard footsteps walking into the room, seeing that Sam was coming into the room with the camera. " I feel like it is right in front of us..." Matthias told the group as he continued. "We've been going over this for a while... I feel like there is a simple solution right in front of us. What our goal here is to get one step ahead. I'm tired of behind behind. The work we've been doing for the past couple of days is just trying to figure out the next move. How are we going to do that?? I'm getting impatient because I feel like we have been at this for a while..." Matthias added as he sat up on the couch.

"We don't have much. Let's just start from the beginning, the reason why he beat us to the first serum location was because he broke in... right? Now we have that thing in the vault. It is secure so he's not breaking in again. We secured the vault. Even if he were to break into our studio, he's not getting in there. On the way back from the radioactive anomaly we found evidence that he was there again. I don't know how he was there before us." Matthias said as Woods spoke up, "He could have started it for all we know..." Woods responded as Matthias nodded before speaking. "We need to bring this into the equation in what we recently uploaded on We Are 863 which Subject 4 was able to help us out with that email in which John Doe emailed you asking for next coordinates so he could help us with the search wasn't John Doe. The emails had been different." Matthias explained as the group nodded while Sam spoke up.

"A lot of the fans were saying that Deb would have said it was okay to be able to trust him." Sam spoke as River nodded looking at her. "So the question remains though-" River spoke up as Matthias cut her off as he spoke, "My assumption is that the phantom was a little bit aggressive, it was intentionally trying to fool us. Who would have the same email with just one letter difference?" Matthias asked as Woods went to respond to Matthias. "He was entitled." Woods responded as River nodded before she spoke. "I mean it seemed rushed. It was a way like, hey guys don't worry just give me the corrdinates I'm talking to Deb right now, I'm in on this too. None of it sounded like John Doe from the other We are 863 videos." River spoke as Woods added on to her statement. "You're right. John Doe usually makes Subject in all caps. This one was just something that sounded boring." Woods added on as they nodded.

"So then let's say for a second that it is a phantom. That been beating us, what if we use it as a leverage." Matthias asked as Sam gave him a look so he decided to speak again, "What if we use the fact that he doesn't know we know yet." Matthias added as Woods perked up, responding to him. "To set him up?" Woods asked as Matthias nodded, looking at Woods as Sam responded to him. "For what purpose though? Like set him up for what? I understand that he's been the one that's been trying to beat us to all the serum locations but what would this accomplish." Sam asked as River had nodded too looking at them as Matthias spoke. "It would accomplish us to turn the tables. We want to be able to get the upper hand. I'm tired of behind behind, being terrorized. I'm tired of him terrorizing my team... Am I alone in this?" Matthias asked as the group shook there head.

"Honestly, it feels scary going home sometimes. It's like a feeling that someone is following me? I have to constantly look behind me in the car and make sure no one is in my car before I go home just to keep people from breaking in or doing worse at my place." River spoke as Matthias looked at her. "You should have told us. We could have had one of us come and make sure your okay." Matthias said looking at her as she shook her head. "You guys have your own things to worry about. I'll be fine." She responded as Matthias nodded, not wanting to fully believe that as Sam spoke. "I think we should still try to be strategic about this and stay on the goal of trying to figure out how this would give us an advantage to collecting more serums." Sam spoke as Woods continued.