~Chapter 60~

While sitting in the studio, Sam had noticed someone standing at their front door as she went over to River. "Hey, are we expecting anyone today?" Sam asked her as River thought about it for a moment before responding to her. "No, I don't believe so, why?" She asked curiously as Sam looked at her before responding. "Well someone is at the door and hasn't knocked yet," Sam explained as River got confused before following her as she saw the man before she spoke. "Alright let's just wait for Matt to come in.  Let him know." River explained looking at her as Sam nodded while they waited for Matthias to pull in as Sam sent him a message.  A few minutes later they saw Matthias's car drive past River got up from her spot on the couch waiting for him before hearing the back door she saw Matthias walk in as he spoke. "Oh hey how's it going?" Matthias asked looking at them as Sam decided to respond to him as she stood with River. "I don't want to give you deja vu um," Sam spoke looking at Matthias as River saw the confusion form on his face before he spoke back looking at her. "What do you mean deja vu?"Matthias asked looking at her confused as River decided to speak as she looked at him. 

"There's someone at the door. We were just sitting there and he just showed up." River explained as Matthias went to look at the person before he spoke. "You guys, that's John Doe, that's Jim" Matthias explained looking at them as River and Sam stood there surprised before Matthais looked at Sam as he spoke. "Can you get the camera?" Matthias asked her curiously as Sam was still a bit shocked and nervous but went to get the camera as River called Woods as everyone got their lavs on as they stood there while Sam walked over to Matthias as she spoke. "Here Matt, if he's ok with us filming," Sam explained as Matthias discovered what she was thinking he took it before going to open the door for him as he looked at John Doe as he spoke. "Jim. Come on in." Matthias spoke moving to let John Doe, or Jim inside as he began to speak. "This is uh Spellbound, I'm sure you're aware. Welcome, you okay with being on camera?" Matthias asked looking at him as John/Jim shrugged his shoulders Woods asked the next question as he stood there. "Do you want to go by John or Jim?" Woods asked him as the male stood there for a moment before shrugging his shoulders as he responded to him. "Whatever you want," Jim responded as Matthias nodded putting the lav on him as Woods asked if he wanted anything which made Jim shake his head.

"Do you wanna go up to the conference room?" River asked once Matthias got the lav on Jim as he looked at her before he spoke. "Lead the way," Jim responded as River nodded before they all went up to the conference room Matthias decided to make small talk as he unlocked the conference room door. "How was your drive over here?" Matthias asked him as Jim put his hands into his pockets as he spoke. "It was a drive. I do a lot of driving." Jim spoke as Matthias got the door unlocked he responded to him. "I can imagine." He responded before opening the conference room door they all went inside before having Jim take a seat as River sat on the other side of the table with Woods and Matthias Sam decided to film as they watched Jim sit down as River sat in her chair messing with her fingers as Matthias spoke. "So why are you here?" Matthias asked looking at him as Jim looked at him before he spoke. "Matt, how much can I say today?" Jim asked looking at him as Matthias sighed before he responded to him. "I mean you tell me it depends on you know how much you trust us, how much you trust them I suppose," Matthias responded as Jim nodded before he spoke.

"I don't use that word anymore, trust. As you know, I uh- moved away for a little while." Jim responded as Matthias nodded before he responded to him. "Can I ask about that?" Matthias asked him as Jim sat there before he spoke. "I don't know how much I'm gonna tell you. I guess all you need to know, is I had to. There's something that, I could help you with." Jim responded looking at him as Matthias looked at him confused before he responded to him. "Deb's murder?" Matthias asked him curiously as Jim looked down before he spoke. "Yeah." He responded as River sighed looking at him as she sat there. "I need your help." Jim started as he looked at Matthias while he sat there as he continued, "And maybe you need mine." Jim continued as Matthias looked at him before responding to him. "Yeah I mean I'm game." Matthias responded as he looked at him confused, "So, you know. I got close to uh, Deb. One of the things, uh. I promised her was I would protect her." Jim spoke as River noticed that he was getting emotional as she decided to speak looking at him. "Hey, it wasn't your job to protect her. I mean she was her person, or was it?" River asked looking at Matthias confused as Jim shook his head as he spoke.