~Chapter 1~

1049 days since the first key had been found, let's start from the beginning. Matthias was sitting at mega desk as Sam and Woods sat in the background. They had gotten access to the server that had the subjects of Project 863 which had files on them. Except apart from the 3 of the 2 subjects were unknown to them, subject 4 and subject 5, they were unknown due to the corruption of the file they only had access to the files of Matthias, Sam, and Woods. 

Matthias was looking through the navigation bar at the top of the server application with things like, 'Log out, Options, Help, Refresh' as he noticed that refresh and help don't work as he clicked on them, he looked through the Admin navigations before seeing that there was a 'Run Emulation' there as Matthias got confused. 

"What is that guys?" Sam asked confused as she looked at the screen as Matthias went to answer. "We can run an emulation," Matthias responded as he looked back at them while he sat in his chair. "Like from the emulator?" Woods asked confused as Matthias nodded looking at him. "Don't we need the emulator?" Woods asked as Matthias shook his head as he sat there. "We don't need the emulator. We need d3b.disk, which had been copied from the SD card." Matthias explains looking at them as they nodded.

"Can we open it?" Woods asks as Matthias went back to the computer screen before clicking 'Run Emulation' as he uploads the d3b.disk file as the version of Deb speaks, "Well done." The three of them hear as they looked at the screen surprised, "Did it just say 'Well done?" Sam asked as Matthias saw the text field so he went to ask questions. They would ask questions about why she was acting like a computer, where she was, why she wasn't telling them the truth, things like that.

They had asked questions about the phantoms and would get responses as to how the phantoms were people like followers, willing participants, brainwashed, and all of the above. They were able to find out that Nelson's group had been growing and that they didn't have any idea as to who was working for him as Matthias sighed, messing with his hair as he sat there. "But it doesn't matter, she doesn't know about 863," Matthias told the group before he sent another message to Deb. 

'Why were we in the project files?'  Matthias asked Deb as Sam and Woods sat in the background waiting for a response from Deb. "Project 863 was my project. It was a secret that was within Syntec, even when things would start to go downhill. Everything went downhill except one, 863. It was the only project where the subjects showed the most potential for success, the ones that could end Syntec for good, to stop Nelson for good. Don't you see it, you are Project 863, all of you." Deb responded as the group was surprised at the response they got out of Deb.

At this point, Matthias had gotten frustrated at why they were the ones chosen. 'Why did you pick us?' He asked in the text box before hitting send as Deb responded. "Isn't it obvious, you were the only subjects that share his crimes with the world. You were the only one that would be able to help me. You, your audience, and another Subject." Deb responded as the group got confused as to who was the other subject that was existence. "Another subject? There's another subject? Who??" Sam asked confused as she added on to her comment, "We don't even know who subject 4 was." She added as Matthias went to the text box once again.

'Is that Subject 5?' Matthias asked as he sat there waiting for a response. "Subject 5 wasn't meant to become a subject, she was dragged into experiments from Nelson and was able to collect information about it, which connects her to 863. Her name is River, I have given her your contact information." Deb responded as Matthias looked at the response as he sat there. "So Deb gave some type of contact to someone we don't even know," Sam asked as she sat there looking at them as Woods nodded.

"So we just have to wait for her to contact us then??" Woods responded as Matthias sighed before going back to message Deb. 'But we are just a bunch of YouTubers. Who is subject 4?' Matthias sent in response as Deb went to respond. "You've had the key to this lock for a very long time," Deb responded as Matthias got confused before he realized. "It's who's been with us all along. Helping out every step of the way. How could I have missed this?? They helped us solve problems. They've found the evidence we haven't. They've drawn the connections that we weren't able to get. They have looked out for us." Matthias said talking about the viewers who were the fourth subject. 

'Why all the secrecy though?' Matthias typed to Deb as she responded to him, "For the very same reason I needed you, you share everything with the world, YOUR WORLD. I recognized that I couldn't share everything with you because he would know everything." Deb responded as they went back and forth for a while before Matthias asked an important question. 'Project 863 is still active?' Matthias asked in the text box as Deb responded, "I'm afraid so." She responded as Matthias sighed, I mean he wanted everything to stop but with Project 863, things may never end.

'When does it end?' Matthias asked as he looked at the computer screen waiting for a response. "If everything can go according to plan, absolute date is 12.31.2024," Deb responded as it caused everyone to respond surprisingly. "I guess we have to wait until Subject 5 can get into contact with us," Matthias said as he sighed messing with his hair as the others nodded.