~Chapter 35~

After the events of seeing the mannequin move, River went back to the mega desk to see the footage from the cameras that she didn't see as she watched them talk about how the mannequin moved before checking the other cameras to see if they could find when the mannequin had appeared in other places, seeing that it wouldn't be possible since the camera was pointing in areas that the mannequin wasn't seen appearing at before deciding to go back to red base as they went inside, seeing the mannequin was gone as everyone got frustrated looking at the car. After going into the hole and not finding the sensor they were looking for, they went around making sure that everything was clear before deciding to go to the blue base. After checking the bases they concluded that they had no idea where the mannequin was nor where the sensors were so they decided to stop for the day and would continue if they found anything. Once work was done for the day River had gone to her and Woods's apartment as she sat on the couch on her phone as Woods came in after a while. 

When River had gone to bed, she woke up a few hours later to a phone call from Matt talking about how someone tried to get into Red Base as he called the team in as River sighed getting out of bed as she forced back a yawn leaving her room. When she walked out she saw that Woods had been awake already, about to leave as she looked at him. "I'm guessing he told you to come in too?" She asked him as he looked at her before nodding as he spoke. "Wanna ride with me?" He asked as River ended up yawning before she nodded as the two went to Wood's car after getting into comfortable clothes while River decided to vlog the point of view they had in his car as Woods pulled into the parking spot as Matthias went to meet them at the car. "Did you not see it?" Matthias asked the two as they shook their heads before he gestured to the parking lot as the two looked over before seeing the mannequin standing in the spot where Ben met to talk to Matt as Woods got confused. "Why is it there? Did you get a security alert for it?" Woods asked looking at Matthias as he shook his head before he spoke back to him. 

"I got a failed access attempt in red base," Matthias explained to him as Woods wanted to throw something at it while caused for Matthias to start laughing and tell him as they waited for Sam and Bailey to both come. When Sam and Bailey came, they all went over to the mannequin to investigate it as Woods spoke to the group. "That's where Ben stood," Woods explained as River nodded agreeing with him before River decided to get a rock to try and throw at the mannequin but she ended up missing while Sam freaked out about her throwing it since they have seen it move before deciding to go into Red Base as they looked around. They decided to go to Blue Base to look through the cameras. While Matthias got the cameras logged in River sat in her chair as she leaned her head on her arm, beginning to doze off as Sam spoke. "Woods looks like he's gonna fall asleep. Not going to be surprised if River falls asleep honestly." Sam spoke as River rolled her eyes as she responded to her. "I'm not going to fall asleep." She responded opening her eyes as she looked at Sam before Matthias got the camera pulled up as everyone watched.

They were able to see that the cameras they had didn't have a view of the mannequin so they went to investigate more as they saw Matthias's door to his office open before deciding to not go inside so they don't get scared before seeing the mannequin outside was gone as everyone complained before going to Matthias's office to check if it was there before realizing that the mannequin wasn't there before checking around Red base common area before going to the warehouse. When they had gone around the corner to the stairs Matthias ended up jumping which scared everyone else before they saw the mannequin on the steps looking up as Matthias spoke to them. "Are we supposed to go up there?" He asked confused as they shrugged their shoulders before going up the stairs after Woods joked about the feet of the mannequin, making Woods go last so River, Bailey, nor Sam would have to be in the back. They had all decided to check upstairs, seeing that no one or nothing was there. When they all went downstairs they saw that the mannequin was gone before they went to sit in the common area to talk about what the next steps were for it until they ended up hearing something before deciding to go check.

When they went up the steps of the warehouse to be able to look for the mannequin Matthias had opened the hallway door from the of the area before getting jump scared from the mannequin standing there with its arm pointing out as everyone looked at it as Sam spoke. "Why is his arm raised?" Sam asked as River shrugged her shoulders before responding to her, "It's pointing at us somehow." She responded as Bailey nodded while Matthias talked about how he had almost run into it before discussing how the mannequin could have gotten there before going back downstairs to see if it moves again. They were all talking about something random while Woods messed up the name Frosty the Snowman, thinking his name was Charlie before deciding to see if they could find the mannequin again. They were able to find it by a closet in the loft area of the warehouse pointing towards said closet as everyone got confused walking towards it. 

Matthias had opened the door to the closet, seeing that nothing was new or added into it that would seem off to everyone as Matthias walked in the room while Bailey noticed the control panel on the wall that was near the door as she spoke. "Sensitivity Potentiometers." Bailey read as Matthias looked at it before pointing at some of the labels on the panel. The labels he pointed at had been things like Meta, motion, para as Sam realized the last one before she spoke. "Para, like sensors? Wait, are these..?" Sam asked curiously as everyone shrugged their shoulders before Matthias decided to turn on the control panel and bump two switches before everyone covered their ears as they heard an eerie sound while Matthias turned it off, still hearing the noises as they all left the room to find out where the noises were coming from so they could be able to turn off the noises.