~Chapter 39~

Everyone was sitting in the area upfront in Blue Base, the walls had finally been painted over the writing on the walls and Bailey's desk had been moved to another location. Matthias had been talking to the camera or Subject 4 as he explained recent events that had happened leading up to that moment as he decided to sit down before he spoke. "What's the difference between active and passive?" Matthias asked confused as River was about to explain it before Bailey asked a question, "Why are you and River active?" Bailey asked confused as Matthias shrugged his shoulders before River decided to answers Matthias's question. "For what Matthias asked, I think passive is like inactive while active is like being in action." River explained as he looked at her and nodded before Woods began to speak. "There were only three active dots, one at the jail, and the other two were here where River and Matthias were," Woods explained as Matthias nodded agreeing with him as Bailey decided to ask a question as she sat there looking at them.

"What would separate you, River, and B27 from everyone else though?" Bailey asked curiously as Matthias shrugged his shoulders, explaining how it might be a different type of serum as River nodded agreeing with him as Woods shook his head before he spoke. "I think it's the absolate," Woods explained as Matthias agreed with him as River looked back at Woods. "But I don't have an absolate, as far as I know." River explained looking at him as Woods nodded as Bailey remembered about something as she went to grab a package before handing it to River. "This came in for you," Bailey explained handing River the package as she looked at it confused before speaking. "I didn't order anything..." River mumbled before opening it. Inside had been a small box and a note as she read it to herself before she spoke. "All it says is 'Hope it serves you well...'" River said looking at them confused before she picked up the small box opening it. Inside had been a bracelet as she looked at it confused while the others looked at it. "Who is it from?" Sam asked confused as River went to look at the package again before she responded to her.

"It has no name, I don't know." River explained looking at her as she looked at the bracelet again. It was a black bracelet as she noticed faint red around it getting confused. "I mean it looks nice, might not be my favorite thing but it works." River said out loud as she looked at it while the others talked for a while as Sam decided to put the camera down for a while so Woods would be able to call the Syntec Survivor. River had been sitting at the mega desk when she heard Cat get confused as she heard Sam get confused at what was wrong as Cat spoke. "There is a cop-out front," Cat told Sam as River perked up hearing what Cat said as she left from her seat in mega desk before they saw the cop was coming over to them as Matthias followed River out of mega desk before deciding to grab a camera as the cop had knocked on the door while Cat went to get the door for him. "Good afternoon Ma'am, I'm officer Maddix. I'm looking for a Woodland Demars, is he here?" The officer asked as Woods walked over to him as he responded to him. "That's me what's up?" Woods asked back to him as he stood there with his drink Sam got confused before she spoke. 

"What's going on?" Sam asked looking at him as the officer looked at her before he spoke. "Unfortunately I can't say that at this time, but I need Mr. Demars to come and speak with me down at the station for a minute." The officer told him as Woods got confused as to why he was being pulled in as he responded to the officer. "What's going on?" Woods asked him confused before the officer asked if he knew which made Woods shake his head before the officer decided to speak. "I can't tell them any information this time, I just need you to come with me okay? I will explain everything to you at the station." Officer Maddix explained to him as River looked at him confused before she spoke to him. "Woods has been with us the entire time though? Today and yesterday." River explained to him as he looked at her before he spoke. "Like I said, unfortunately. I am not able to comment on anything like that but I need Mr. Demars to come with me." Officer Maddix responded before telling Woods to face away from the officer as Woods was able to give the officer to give the group his badge number before he lead Woods to the car.

River had followed Woods and the officer outside as she waited for the officer to go back towards the building before she walked over to him. "What's going on Woods?" River asked him confused as he looked at her as he sat there. "I have no idea." He responded to her as Matthias walked over to them. "You have no clue about what is going on?" Matthias asked the two as River shook her head before she responded to him. "Even though we are roommates, as far as I know, he hasn't done anything that would get him into trouble with the police." River explained to Matthias as he nodded before Woods joked about prior charges before explaining they were from high school. "Call us I guess and we will come and pick you up," Matthias explained to him as he watched the officer drive off with Woods before talking about how it could be that he was pulled into the station due to him stealing something from the office before deciding to go to the warehouse to see if Woods was hiding anything from them. When they got into the warehouse they began looking around.

While checking around Matthias ended up finding Wood's car keys as River noticed before she looked at him. "Can we even do that?" River asked him as he looked at the keys before he looked at the group. "Does it matter?" Matthias spoke as they went to the front of Orange base before going to Wood's car as Matthias unlocked the door before they began checking the backseat and front car Bailey ended up finding a book as she read the title before Matthias explained how he gave Woods the book as River found more RC cars as they weren't able to find anything suspicious apart from a Savings bond before going into the trunk as Matthias looked through it all. They ended up finding a lock picking kit as Matthias decided to joke with them. "Here's what happened, grappling hook onto the top of something, unlocking it, repelled down, and stole the savings bonds. Can't be real leads." Matthias spoke before going to give the keys to Cat before asking if she knew about the things Woods had done as she explained about how they tried grappling hook before going over to the mega desk to talk to Subject 4 as they stood there. 

The group had continued standing there before Matthias looked at his phone seeing a call from Woods as he spoke. "I'm getting a call from Woods. You on speaker buddy." Matthias spoke once he answered the phone call from Woods as they heard him speak. "Hey, they... um... They were questioning me..." Woods explained over the phone as Matthias got confused before he responded to him. "Why?" He asked confused as Woods sighed before he said something that would surprise the others in the room. "She's dead... She was found dead..." Woods explained as Matthias was surprised and confused as he responded to him. "Who's dead Woods?" He asked confused before Woods responded to him, "Our experiment survivor." Woods explained