~Chapter 10~

Matthias decided to put the phone on Bluetooth as the phantom continued to speak. "I think someone was here. They shouldn't have been able to find a location like this. It's out in the middle of nowhere. No, they must have tracked me to this location. I knew it was them, they were onto me from before. You don't understand sir... she's trained them well. They're incredibly resourceful and annoyingly resilient. They must have planted something on my car beforehand." The phantom spoke as Matthias whispered to the current event. "Is he talking to his boss?" He asked confused as the phantom spoke once more. "I'm sure of it. No, none of the prototypes is missing, it appears that nothing was taken..." The phantom spoke as Matthias was once again the one to speak.

"That's not the prototype?" Matthias asked confused as the phantom had begun to speak again. "Damn it, they rifled through my documents. It's nothing important. I'm sure they've already put together who I am. It doesn't matter. Yes, sir. I understand. Of course. I'll be sure to put a stop to this." After a while, there had been silence from the phone as Sam screamed, hitting Matthias in the arm. "Matt that was so stupid!" She screamed as Matthias jumped slightly. "Woah." He spoke as a reaction to her hitting him. "Why didn't you guys want to leave?!" Sam yelled back as Matthias sighed. "I get it, I get it all right. I messed up." Matthias responded as Sam sighed as she spoke again. 

"He knows we were there! We don't know who he was talking to or what information they have now that they know we were there." Sam spoke as Matthias nodded, sighing. "I get it okay. I messed up, I should have listened to you. We're safe now, we're fine now." Matthias spoke as he drove while Sam responded to him. "For now." She only responded as he nodded slightly before he spoke again. "Okay. For now, which is why I want to end it. I want this all to be over and just not chasing the serum. Look I'm sorry okay, I'm sorry I should have listened to you." Matthias spoke as Sam looked at him from the back seat. "We were in danger Matt," Sam spoke as Matthias nodded before telling her to mute the phone since all they had been hearing was him rummaging through stuff. 

"What were you saying about that prototype. What prototype?" Woods asked looking at them as Sam shrugged her shoulders as she spoke. "I don't know, he just said something along the lines of they didn't get the prototype," Sam answered back as he nodded, once they got back to the studio River decided to go to her office as she sat at her desk, thinking about the information they recently learned as the others went their own ways. The next day came and they decided to check through the documentation. "Can you grab the papers?" Matthias asked her as she nodded giving them to him as he sat them on the table to slowly go through the evidence. The first thing of evidence had been the safe deposit. "Let's look at this. Let's get a little bit more detailed orientated since we aren't in danger." Matthias spoke as River nodded looking at him before he spoke.

"Wesley Nathaniel. 2-15-2000." Matthias spoke as River looked through the information. "What if we have a key to the box? We have so many unused keys." Sam spoke as Matthias looked at her, "How do we know? It doesn't include an address on this. It's just a receipt. I'm just going to go through what we recognize first." Matthias spoke as he picked up another document, beginning to speak again. "This is another redacted message, five years before this. We see Wes is going on a dark path here. I can't stop he says, this is all your fault, Deb. I need it now, you made me like this and now you can't even stand to look at me. If you can't give me the antidote then I need the serum. I need it, Nelson would strap me to the table like the rest if he found out. Don't let me waste away." Matthias read from the document while River sat with Woods, watching him take notes as Matthias spoke.

"It's like really heavy.." Matthias spoke as Woods nodded, responding to him. "So it's redacted but... it's from Wes." Woods spoke as Sam added onto his statement... "From what we've seen it kind of looks like he is falling apart. Maybe he does really need it." Sam explained as Matthias added to her comment. "He is his own test subject..." He responded as Sam nodded looking at him as she spoke. "If he's trying to recreate all of this, I wouldn't be able to imagine there's anyone else around him that he would test it on. It seems like he is a loner." Sam spoke as Matthias nodded while Woods added to Sams's comment. "It seems like he's also degrading like he's falling apart. I would imagine that's the point of his mask." Woods added as Matthias looked at the documents.