~Chapter 22~

After taking Benjamin to the police station the officers had seen the gas bomb in the truck as everyone got pulled for testing as they checked the radiation levels of everyone. When they noticed the levels from Matthias and River, men in white sterile suits took the two to another room, pulling the others from the rest of the group. The men in the suits grabbed both of their arms before dragging them through long hallways of sterile plastic-wrapped walls into an open room with two chairs. When River and Matthias sat down in the chairs they watched the men walk out the room before Matthias realized that they didn't take his camera before turning it towards the two as he spoke. "I don't know why they didn't take my camera, literally so much happened. I started rolling as fast as I could as soon as I realized I still had it. I'm going, to be honest, I don't know where I am right now but I do have River with me." Matthias explained as he showed her beside him before setting the camera down in front of the two. 

"I'm going to try and bring you up to speed here. We appear to be..." Matthias started as he looked towards a direction before yelling hello as he got no answer before looking back at the camera as he spoke. "Alone, we appear to be alone. We appear to be in a quarantined zone, I don't know they said that tests were going to be performed." Matthias explained as he began to tell what had happened to the point that they were wherever they are now before realizing something as he got excited. "Wait. I can hear, I didn't even realize. Holy cow! I can hear, my hearing is back!" Matthias explained as River nodded looking at him as he looked back at her before he spoke to her. "How are you feeling?" He asked as River nodded looking at her as she thought about it for a moment as she spoke. "I mean I felt like I had a fever and just really tired. Now... now I just feel better? It's strange but it feels good to not feel like before." River explained to him as he nodded before speaking to the camera once more.

"River and I were hit with a massive dose of radiation from the bomb. I don't know how much or how long but it was probably too much to survive through. Shouldn't we be feeling sick right now?" Matthias spoke looking at her as she shrugged her shoulders as she sat there. "I mean maybe? I don't get how we are feeling amazing when we should be feeling sick honestly." She told him as he nodded before he started questioning how long they were going to be there for as Matthias sat the camera down to let it keep rolling as he spoke. "If no one comes in like 10 minutes we aren't sticking around. We could get arrested for leaving but I don't think there is a law of staying somewhere without knowing where we are, no communication has been given." Matthias explained as River nodded looking at him as she sat there, looking around the room as they stopped talking when the men from before walked in carrying a table as they began to run tests on the both of them.

After a while the men went back to the table as they came back with needles as the two tried to avoid getting injected with whatever was inside the needles even though it didn't go as planned since both ended up getting trapped, grabbing ahold of both of their arms as they had both been injected with whatever was inside. After 3 hours both had been walking to the back door of Blue Base as Matthias talked to the camera to get up to speed, River chiming in sometimes when there was information that he might have missed or forgotten. When the two walked into the studio everyone had greeted them as Sam decided to speak after a while. "So what happened?" Sam asked curiously as Matthias shrugged before he spoke. "They sent me our results, hold on. They put us through this maze of white clean rooms and performed tests on us like drawing blood, injecting us, taking vitals but no one spoke. We were both so disoriented the whole time. Could have been why they didn't notice that I had a camera so we put it to the side and recorded the whole thing. It was a body experience but they released us and sent me our results." Matthias spoke struggling to try to get the app he needed to download for the results. 

"I'm interested to know why you guys were kept so much longer than any of the rest of us," Sam spoke as Matthias was surprised before showing the amount of tests results they had for him before he went to find River's results as Sam spoke. "How are you even supposed to understand what these mean?" Sam asked curiously looking at him as Bailey added to the questions as she looked at them. "Is there one that says radiation on it?" Bailey asked while Woods went to be the last one to add on to the questions as he spoke. "Did they give like a next step? Come back in a week?" Woods asked as Matthias shook his head before he spoke. "To be honest, my hearing is back," Matthias spoke as everyone looked at him surprised as he nodded before speaking. "I'm not kidding I feel better than this morning, River looks better she doesn't look or sound as sick as before. I just remember being so fatigued than after the crazy ordeal, I'd be like I gotta go home for the evening and rest. I feel totally fine." Matthias spoke as River nodded looking at them as Sam spoke looking at them.