~Chapter 47~

A week after the events of everything, River had decided to not come into the office that day. She wasn't feeling as great as she wanted to feel exactly but sat on the couch watching TV. She would normally catch up on 863 things she had when she was under but today she didn't feel up to it at the time. She hadn't gone back to work for at least a week and was trying to take time to rest after the events of being under and it felt great to her. It probably felt good that everyone wasn't being stressed with Project 863 things so it made her and maybe the others feel glad to not be under the stress, even though at night she would have these dreams about Syntec. Some of them were things like her being under mind control once more but not being able to escape it, others are when the team lost in her dreams and Nelson had control over everything. River continued watching tv while sitting in her shared apartment with Woods as she went on her phone to look at the comments from the recent video the team posted about saving Matthias and herself before she got a call from Matthias she got confused before going to answer the phone. 

"Hey, Matt it's been a while, what's up?" River asked putting the phone on speaker as she forced back a cough before Matthias responded to her. "Hey, I know you weren't planning to come in today which I respect, but I kinda do need you to come in. This is kinda important." Matthias explained over the phone as River whined slightly as a joke which made Matthias chuckle as River responded to him. "Fine, I'm coming in. I'll be there in a few." River explained before hanging up as she got up from the couch and went to get into some casual clothes before driving to work. When she got inside, she saw that Matthias was tossing mic packs at Woods and Bailey before he spotted River as he tossed one to her before explaining to the others he didn't have enough as he left while Sam mentioned for them to follow her before she spoke. "Anytime we throw lavs at each other it's not good news," Sam explained jokingly as River followed the others to the other couch where she saw a box before going to sit down as Matthias spoke. "First off, welcome back River. Good to have you here, sorry for making you come in, I just wanted to see if any of you know what this is. I found this in my pile of packages." Matthias explained as he chuckled when Sam had to help Bailey get her lav set up as River leaned back after situating her lav. 

Everyone sat there watching Matthias open the box as he pulled something out before putting his head into the box as everyone got confused before he began to speak. "I don't know how this is possible, it's from D," Matthias explained showing the note to everyone with the number at the bottom as River sat up some, looking at the paper he held to show everyone. "We haven't talked to D in months," Sam explained looking at them as she held the camera while River nodded agreeing with her as they got confused about how she all of a sudden had a phone number and how she made their communication more complicated as Matthias pulled out something in the wrapped paper as Matthias joked about how it could be a fan before he opened it revealing a similar safe that she had sent them before with the emulator as Matthias got confused if they had a key or anything as Sam explained how she had the key before deciding to take the safe and go upstairs to Sam's office to be able to get the key as Matthias and Woods sat on the couch and River sat on the floor by them before using the key to unlock it as Matthias got nervous before he began to speak.

"Do we want to turn this?" Matthias asked talking about the safe as he made a joke with the pillow to explain his heartbeat as Sam began to speak. "The only way we know if this is legit or not is if we turn this turn his key," Sam explained as everyone nodded before deciding to finally turn the key as it unlocked the safe, seeing that it automatically worked as Matthias went to peek at it first before getting frustrated as everyone got confused before he let Woods peek at it as Woods shook his head which made Matthias laugh before he showed the emulator to everyone. "That's how it came," Woods explained as Sam got confused before she responded to them. "But it came from D," Sam explained as River nodded looking at them before she added on to what was being said about the emulator. "It was in John Doe's possession and so whether it's from D or not-" River began before forcing back a sneeze as Bailey decided to speak up as River tried to relax some. "Could this be like her sending us another one because the other one got lost?" Bailey asked as Sam explained how it was the same safe and emulator before discussing why she would be sending them another emulator Matthias took it out before showing the different emulator.