~Chapter 53~

River had come into work the same time Matthias did as she noticed him wearing sunglasses and a hat that made him look chill she chuckled some before following him to the building as they met up with Sam before he held out his hand to Sam as he spoke. "Nice to meet you, my name's Overchill," Overchill spoke to Sam before shaking River's hand as well as River chuckled before she spoke following them. "I call dibs on being a part of over stuff. Maybe Overlate?" River spoke jokingly which made Sam and Matthias laugh as they went to the orange base to go to their meeting. During a break from their meeting, River watched Bailey and Sam play a game as Matthias came to be able to get more water Matthias panicked over having to go back to the meeting in about three minutes she chuckled before they talked about the briefcase as River followed as he went to go and check to see if it was there, seeing it was there as they quickly all went to their meeting.

After the meeting, River stood with Sam as she gave Matthias his lav while River was putting her's on Matthias went to speak with everyone about it as they decided to go back to it and open it to see if they could be able to get some sort of contact and the real name of the person they met before Matthias explains deja vu about the case in the mountaineer as everyone left beginning to walk towards said mountaineer to check if it is still there. Matthias ended up jumping up to the mountaineer to try and find the case as Matthias checked the back seat, the trunk, and other places before he spoke to everyone. "The briefcase isn't in here," Matthias spoke looking at them as Woods joined him before confirming that everything else except the briefcase wasn't in there as they talked about how the car had Scott in it as they thought it was someone who had been cosplaying but at the same time could be him. Everyone went back inside as they talked about how it had to be Scott because of the information that they have as they went back to the briefcase.

Matthias ended up checking the footage to make sure it was Scott's briefcase as they were able to confirm it before taking it outside to make sure it was the same in the sunlight as they figured he either broke in or unlocked it. While everyone talked about it they all heard the briefcase unlock everyone got surprised before Matthias sat it down on the table as he sat in front of it Matthias was in shock as he began to speak. "If this is his briefcase and his mountaineer outside. Then where is he?!" Matthias spoke looking at them as River responded to him as she sat on one of the chairs. "We had told him to leave." River explained to him as Woods agreed with her before Sam decided to ask a question this time as she spoke. "But where did he go? We have no information about this except this could be his and he just left." Sam spoke as Matthias agreed with her before he added on to what she was talking about. "So basically, he just came in, claimed he worked here, left his briefcase, and left, but without his car?" Matthias spoke as Bailey decided to joke about this as she spoke looking at Matthias. "This is some NPC behavior," Bailey spoke which made River laugh agreeing with her.

"But who is he?" Sam asked confused as Bailey and Woods told her it was Scott as Matthias began to speak. "Syntec closed in I think 2018? 2019? Somewhere around then." Matthias spoke as Sam nodded cutting him off as she spoke. "Yeah, he does look pretty young like if he was an assistant to Wes-" Sam began as Matthias began to bring up the documents from before as he spoke. "From the oldest documents that we found of Scott are like, I don't know. How old are they?" Matthias spoke as no one had an exact answer they continued to talk about it as they sat there before Matthias decided to get gloves Matthias began to throw gloves to everyone as River and Bailey caught theirs before putting them on as they began to open items Matthias decided to joke as he spoke. "So I'm just going to aim it towards Woods," Matthias spoke as he turned the briefcase to Woods which made the male respond to him as he spoke. "I'll open my mouth," Woods responded adding to the joke as River and everyone laughed about it before Matthias turned it away as he opened it as they saw a bunch of things that smelled bad as they were confused about what was inside. 

"Woke up from a coma last week," Woods spoke jokingly as River chuckled standing by Sam this time as Matthias talked about the note he ended up finding inside as he began to speak. "It says, you don't have to do this but thank you. You don't know what this means. Someone gave him what it looks like. Unless he's giving himself notes." Matthias spoke as River decided to take this into her advantage into a joke since no one decided to take the advantage as she spoke. "Man's just writing thank you notes to himself. He's patting himself on the back." River joked slightly as Matthias chuckled before going through the briefcase. They ended up finding an opened pack of cigarettes before they found a touchscreen organizer Matthias messed with it before it turned on and he ended up finding something as he spoke. "April 12 in the year 2000," Matthias spoke as Woods looked at it confused as he spoke. "Is today the 12th?" Woods asked as River, Bailey, and Sam all confirmed it was as Matthias continued looking through the touchscreen organizer. 

It only took a while but Matthias was able to find a way into the calculator as they looked through it before looking through everything else he ended up pulling up the phone numbers as they found one that was named Chloe as Matthias began to check more before seeing a phone number that could be Deb's as Matthias spoke. "Where's the note?" Matthias asked curiously as River went to ask Chanel for the note that they had been given everyone followed her as Woods spoke. "So if the phone number matches then that gives more credibility to this dude right?" Woods asked as Sam confirmed with him as Matthias shook his head before he spoke looking at them. "If this note number is the same, a suspect. If this is Deb's number, he's directly connected to Deb before we were." Matthias spoke as River agreed with him before she spoke looking at him. "He has a lot of information on Syntec." River spoke as Matthias went over to Chanel's computer before he ended up confirming it had been Deb's actual phone number as he began to speak looking at the group. 

"It absolutely means that he is a suspect of murder and he's been here at our door and he was absolutely a little crazed and wouldn't leave and aggressive," Matthias spoke as they were still trying to figure out if it was a fan that killed Deb or Scott Bailey explained how a fan could have Deb's phone number as they decided to check the briefcase again to look at the other things as he ended up finding things like candy as they found out it was a really old candy bar since it expired in the year 2000. They ended up finding more things like a book on Quantum Mechanics as they looked through it before finding an EMS infusion system Matthias looked at it before he spoke about how it still worked before he realized something as he spoke. "Do you put serum in this? You inject serum and do electrical stimulation. So this thing distributes serum while stimulating the muscles." Matthias spoke looking at them before finding another note about going to the airport and picking a random flight to be able to start over and finding a passport from January 2000 to January 2010 for Chelsea Loon as they were able to discover it might be a fake passport and an escape plan for someone. They ended up finding a DVD and they decided to play it to figure out what it was. 

They were able to see a Syntec sticker as everyone watched the old security footage between two people talking they were able to discover that it was the man that had come into their studio as they continued to watch it. Everyone had been surprised over the footage they watched as it mostly explained how Scott hadn't been doing so great with how the experiments at Syntec were being handled. After the footage, Matthias sighed as he looked back at everyone before he spoke sitting there. "We can take a million things from this, but one thing I know for sure, Chloe just got to be a much bigger player," Matthias spoke looking at them as everyone agreed with him.