~Chapter 2~

River was sitting at her home in her living room looking through her notes. Her notebook had a bunch of information she had been able to find out about Syntec as her time as an experiment. She recently was able to meet Deb and found out that there were other subjects apart from herself, and she had given their contact information on who to contact about it. River got up from the living room to grab her laptop before sitting back down on the couch.

When she sat down on the couch she went to email the other subjects, she was hoping that Deb had given her the correct email. Hopefully, but if not she might as well go fuss at Deb the next time she would see her. She sighed, clicking send on the email as she waited for a response. 

Matthias, Sam, and Woods on the other hand were discussing what they should do next with everything they learned when Matthias got a notification from somewhere. "Must be her," Matthias told them as he went to his computer pulling up the chat, and saw that the account was online. 

Subject 5: Hey...

Matthias saw the message as he looked at the other subjects, "Should we respond?" He asked as they nodded looking at him before he nodded, going to respond to the person.

Matthias: Hi.
Subject 5: Is this a secure line?
Matthias: Yes it is. 
Subject 5: Well hello Subjects 1, 2, and 3. I am Subject 5, I was told by Deb to contact you all.
Matthias: It is nice to hear from you, we were waiting for you to contact us. We need you to meet us at our Studio.
Subject 5: Okay, I can be on my way I just need the address.

After Matthias sent the address, River got the things together that she would need before putting them into her backpack and taking the backpack into her car. As well as the other subjects, she made sure she had her 863 ring before getting into her car as she drove to the studio. When she got to the Studio, she had pulled out her phone to send a message to Matthias. 

Subject 5: Hey, I'm here.
Matthias: We're coming. Stay where you are.

River saw the message as she turned her car off before stepping out as she looked around at her surroundings. She watched as Matthias, Sam, and Woods all came over to her, with Sam carrying a camera with her as Matthias lead them to her car. "Hey, I am Matthias, this is Sam and Woods," Matthias said looking at her as he mentioned to the people behind him as she waved slightly. "I'm River, you might already know that." She responded looking at him as she stood there before they went inside of the blue base. 

When they got into the blue base, River noticed that there was a machine as she got confused. Wood's noticed her confusion as he looked over at what she was looking at before speaking up. "It's an RSD, a Radioactive Serum Detector. It scans for serums." Woods explained as she nodded before they decided to run the machine seeing that there was something radioactive behind the bases as they went to the back to find it. 

They started looking around for the serum as River noticed a pipe as she got confused. "Hey Matt, do you think it could be in here?" River yelled to Matthias as he came over to her confused before he started messing with the pipe until he was able to pull the top off which revealed a red vial of serum. "We have never seen a red liquid before." Sam said out loud as River watched them, "Be careful with it, we don't know what it does." River told them as they nodded before Matt takes the fake pipe out to take it inside. 

"We should get out of the heat and talk about it inside," Matthias told the others as they nodded before they all went inside. When back in the conference room, Matthias and Woods went over to the RSD to mark the serum as collected while Sam, with the help of River, put the vial in a safe container for it. While Sam and River were doing that Matthias had been looking for the next serum as he saw another location. "Hey guys, this one is about 30 minutes from here. It isn't far." He told them as they went over to the computer to look at the location.

The river had zoned out by mistake before hearing that they had wanted to take a break. "It would benefit us, we can revamp the vault, we can also get to know you and you can get to know us," Sam suggested glancing over at River as she looked at them. "Well okay then, like you were told. I wasn't meant to be on this project, well I got dragged in due to being an experiment for Syntec." River explained looking at them as they stood there looking at her. 

"Well, Deb wants to protect me due to the fact I have information that Nelson doesn't know I have." River explains as she gave them her notebook that had her information about Nelson and Syntec. "Deb had gotten into contact with me when she knew it was safe for the both of us. She sent me a letter telling me that I should lay low, not tell anyone I was an experiment. But somehow Nelson caught on I had something he didn't know I had and that I escaped. So she sent me another letter mentioning how I was in danger and that she would keep me safe if I helped." River explained as she looked at the three of them. 

"Okay. Since we are taking a break, and just to make it less suspicious, I'm going to hire you for being our editor for Dope or Nope. This is just so when you need to you can come to base when needed." Matthias explained as River nodded before they gave one another their phone numbers and went their own ways for the day.