☆ ONE ☆

"You expensive, you know that?
I'm high maintenance a little bit,
but not in a, not in a negative way...
I just like extremely expensive things."
Faithful- Drake feat. Pimp C & dvsn

Friday night
7:15 pm

               "I swear to God Blanche, I'm going to kill this bastard!" Her best friend Leena since childhood, shouts angrily through the phone, making Blanche laugh.
"What's the problem now?" Blanche asked, putting her phone on speaker, and continuing to ransack through her walk in closet. She was trying to find something to wear for tonight, but by the sounds of it, her and Leena probably weren't going out tonight. Blanche heard a commotion before Leena shouting at someone in the background.,
"Hold on, girl." Leena told her before the line went silent as Blanche held up a black Mugler open fitted mini dress against her curvy, but petite figure. She smiled, happy with her choice, blowing her long freshly pressed hair out of her face and pushing it behind her ears.
"I'm back," Leena says breathless, "But Ronnie is fucking tripping out! He's acting like I can't enjoy one night out." Leena and her baby-daddy Ronnie were the best at arguing then having crazy make up sex. Frankly their relaionship was toxic as hell and Blanche never understood what Leena saw in him. He could barely afford to keep a roof over their head and Leena was constantly playing the bread winner in their relationship.
"You know damn well if you call your mom or sister, they'll watch her." Blanche urged her.
"Hell muthafucking no!" She yelled, knowing if she even called her mother or older sister for a favor, she would have to hear their mouths and how much they were right about Ronnie not being shit.
"Well then we just won't go out!" Blanche said defeated, plopping down on her king size bed and rolling over onto her stomach, stretching her toned legs out. The pink neon lights illuminated her honey brown skin as she laid on her bed. 
"Nah bitch we going out! Trust and believe that, okay? Do you know how many fine niggas will be at Playhouse tonight? I'm talking about all types of ballers! My baby needs a new daddy okay?" Leena declared with plenty of excitement in her voice.
"How Leena? The only option is calling your mom!" Blanche replies, making Leena sigh long and hard.
"Alright!" Leena said making Blanche smile cause she knew sooner or later Leena was going to give in.
"Bye girl, I'll be there at 12:30 so be ready!" Blanche hung up the phone and headed downstairs to her father's office. She roamed down the long hallway, until she reached the steps leading down the backstairs to the secluded section of the large mansion.

     Blanche knocked on the door on her father's office door and leaned against it watching her him going through a files of paper work

"What are you doing, daddy?" She quizzed. Even though Blanche was twenty three years old, she was still a daddy's girl in every way. She had no job and spent her father's money in anyway that she pleased. She was the definition of spoiled, but in her father defense, he was trying to make up for being the daddy and the mommy.
"Nothing B." Carter answered, rubbing his brow line and leaning back in his plush chair.
"Come here Blanche," He called her over and patted his lap as she went to sit on his lap like she was still six years old. Blanche knew her dad still viewed her as his little innocent baby girl, but Blanche was way more than that. There wasn't anything innocent about her anymore and hadn't been for a long time,  especially since she'd gone through puberty.
"What are your plans for tonight?" Carter asked his daughter with a stern tone.
"Leena and I are just going out to meet up with Talia and Kenzie." Blanche replied, twirling her fingers around her hair. He shook his head, exhaling. Her preferred if his only child stayed out of the streets. These young niggas were reckless and unpredictable but Carter knew that he couldn't protect her from life. However, he always made sure that she had the right tools to survive. Carter knew how tough life could be from his own experiences.
"Well can you do me a favor and take Mouse with you? You can't be out here unprotected, B." Her father insisted and she groaned silently.
Why is he still acting like I'm twelve? Oh my God!
"Sure." Blanche said agreeing and kissed her father's forehead. "Have a good night daddy. Love you!" She shouts before leaving the room.
          Carter tapped his fingers on his temple, thinking about how much Blanche resembled her mother in all aspects, from the doe shape eyes, long hair, honey brown complexion and that innocent exterior that captured his heart. Picking up the picture of his wife and daughter on his desk, he sighs and a small tear falls from his eye. Quickly wiping it away and forcing his emotions back down, Carter leaned back in his chair. He'd go to extra lengths to ensure to make sure his daughter lived comfortably and safely. The hefty bill he paid for the bodyguards was proof of that. He wouldn't lose Blanche, the same way he lost her mother.