☆ THIRTY-FIVE ☆

Thursday night ・❥・
8:15pm

      "Thanks for dropping her off, Grey." Zenobia tells him as he carries Zora into her home. Zora was comfortably sleeping on his shoulder, looking like an angel. "I know tomorrow was your day, but Carter got her tickets to Disneyland." Zenobia tells him as Grey gently places Zora onto the couch. He gives her cheek a soft kiss before, rising up.
"It's all good, Z. Enjoy your little family date." He jokes, fixing his clothes. Zenobia narrows her eyes at him, playfully hitting his shoulder.
"Ah! I don't wanna hear it. I don't say shit when you have my baby around your little so called girl." Zenobia replies, placing her hand on her hip.
"Yeah probably not to me." He wryly states as Zenobia waves him off as she looks him up and down, checking out his outfit.
"You're dressed nice. You must have a date." She inquired with curious eyes. Grey laughs arrogantly, rubbing his goatee.
"Something like that."
"Mhm, with Ash?"
"Nah, someone else." He says making Zenobia scoff, shaking her head.
"That's a shame. Why you dragging that girl along?"
"I'm not. She knew what it was. It wasn't ever that deep."
"I mean deep enough for you to bring her to Zora's party." She matter factly reminds him.
"Shit changes." Grey unenthusiastically says, shrugging.
"Mhm, don't I know it." She quietly mutters and Grey draws in a long breath. The judgment in her tone didn't go unnoticed. Frankly, he was trying to make sense of why Zenobia was so concerned about who he was dating in the first place.
"Why you startin shit, Z?" Grey grilled, massaging the back of his neck. She wasn't trying to cause drama, however Zenobia couldn't lie and say part of her still didn't blame Grey for why they didn't work out. At the end of the day she would always love him, he was the reason she had her daughter. But being in love with Grey was out of the question. They were like oil and water. Zenobia was just glad they were able to coexist as coparents rather than trying to make a failed relationship work. Zenobia sighs regretfully, "My bad, I wasn't trying to. But seriously, when are you gonna put your player card away? Z needs to see her parents in healthy relationships, not toxic ones." She truthfully says and Grey blows out his breath. He hated to admit it, but Zenobia was right. He wasn't trying to repeat the same mistakes his parent made with him. He grew up in a unstable home because of it and Grey was unsure of how Zenobia would take the news, but decided to come out with it anyways.
"Shit, it may be sooner than later. I got a kid on the way." He confesses. Zenobia faces frowns in confusion, "Ash is pregnant?"
Grey gave a mirthless laugh before replying, "Nah not with her."
"So then who with?" Zenobia presses and he stroked his beard.
"Just this chick I been dating." He vaguely states. He couldn't say much without Zenobia putting two and two together. Grey was trying to respect Blanche's choice in waiting on telling her dad. But truthfully, Grey didn't give a fuck about any ties Zenobia and Carter had. The relationship between him and Blanche started way before they ever knew the truth, so it his eyes they were straight.
  Zenobia pinched the bridge of her nose, chuckling in disbelief. "So you mean to tell me you have a baby on the way with some random girl? Do you even really know this chick to be having a baby with her?" She scornful enquired.
"I know enough, Z." He insists, leaving it at that. Grey wasn't looking to be reprimanded, he only wanted to inform Zenobia so she wouldn't be left in the dark. Anything else, didn't concern her.
Zenobia sighs, shaking his head in disapproval. She knew Grey enough to know when he was done having a conversation about something so she chose not to press the issue. At least for now. But Zenobia had plans and figuring out who this chick was and what she was about. Especially if she was going to be around her child.