☆ TWENTY-SEVEN ☆

Tuesday afternoon・❥・
12:30pm

@LeenaBeena: bestie day🛍️

♥ 3,345 likes
view all 2.340 comments
@RichbitchK: 🩷❤️

Blanche and Leena strolled through the mall that Tuesday afternoon, shopping and hanging out. Leena needed to buy some new shoes for her son, so Blanche decided to tag along. Honestly, she was looking for a distraction. Anything to keep her mind off of Grey would suffice. But it was safe to say that wasn't the only thing that plagued her mental. Her and Juice's recent intimate moment left her mind in a state of confusion. Frankly, this is what Blanche was trying to avoid. Complicated relationship with men that were difficult to stay away from. It's one of the reasons why she avoided men like Grey and Juice in the first place and stuck to causal fillings with men she couldn't ever see herself permanently attached too. It was one of the reasons why she dated married men. Those relationship were temporary and fleeting.
"You like these?" Leena asked, holding up a pair of green and white low top Nike dunks and interrupting Blanche's train of thought.
"Yeah those are cute." Blanche absentmindedly replied, feeling a wave of nausea wash over her. It was the same wave of nausea, she'd been feeling for the past two weeks. Blanche sat down, placing her hand on her forehead, and trying to find relief.
"You okay girl?" Leena enquired.
"I think so. I've been waking up nauseous these past couple of weeks." She admitted.
"Oh...it's not morning sickness is it?"
"Girl, hell no." Blanche denied, scrunching up her face. However, after a moment passes she starts calculating when her last period was, realizing she hadn't had one since before she met Grey and that was over a month and a half ago. I can't be pregnant, Blanche said to herself, rubbing her belly and looking her reflection in one of the floor mirrors a couple feet away.
"That gesture doesn't seem too reassuring, B." Leena replied eyeing her suspiciously.
"There's no way I'm pregnant, Lee." She said in denial.
"You should take a pregnancy test to be sure. I mean condoms aren't 100%." Blanche stays silent knowing her and Grey have never used a condom, which only increased her chances of possibly being pregnant.
"Let's go to the drug store and grab one on the way home."

・❥・

       "What does the test say?" Leena questioned, yelling at Blanche through, bathroom door as she held up a positive pregnancy test in distress. She takes a deep sigh staring at it as uncertainty fills the pits of her stomach. This can't be real, she says to herself, unsure of what her next steps would be. The last thing she wanted was a child and the fact the her and Grey weren't speaking didn't make things better. She didn't even know if she wanted a child with her current mind state and the thought of having one right now was jaded by past traumas. How she was going to tell Grey the news was beyond her. She wouldn't be able to avoid him for much longer now.
Blanche gets up flushing the toilet, washing her hands and exiting the bathroom. "So?" Leena stares at her in inquiry.
"It's positive." Blanche devastatingly replied, taking a seat on the couch.
"Do you know who the dad is?" Blanche scoffed, staring at Leena like she was crazy. She couldn't believe Leena would have the nerve to ask her that and her judgmental tone didn't go unnoticed.
"What are you tryna say?" Blanche defensively asked.
"Nothing, Blanche...I'm happy for you, girl. Congrats." Leena replied trying to lighten the mood, but it wasn't working. Her comment had already created damage.
"Thanks." Blanche distrustingly said, "Look I need a nap to process this shit."
"Alright girl. Well call me later." Leena said, picking up her purse, walking to the front door.
"Mhmkay." Blanche follows her to the door and closing the door after her. She enters her living room, plopping down on the sofa. She takes out her iPhone and scrolls to Grey's name in her contacts. She stares at the screen for a moment, contemplating on if she she reach out or not. Unable to though, Blanche throws her phone on the other sofa across the room. She was unsure of her how she was going to handle being pregnant, but right now she was too exhausted to even deal.