☆ FIFTY-SEVEN ☆

Sunday evening
7:13pm

        Grey lowly chuckled, shaking his head and staring at his phone after Blanche hung up on him. It was funny that she was angry because they were in this place because of her actions. Plus he knew the other night probably had her in her feelings, shit they had him in in his. He couldn't lie to himself and say he didn't miss her because Grey honestly did. Yet Blanche keeping things from him was the straw that broke the camel's back. Until she figured out how to be mature and honest, then Grey couldn't see them moving forward. On the other hand, he was wondering who killed Press. They hadn't made at move on Indie and his crew since taking out their stash houses, so Grey was clueless to who was behind it. He sent Power a text, to set up a meeting as he arrived at Zenobia's house.
He pulled into her driveway and parked his car. Zora was fast asleep in her boaster seat, so he had to carry her in. Climbing out of the car, Grey walks around the passenger rear. "C'mon Jun." He said to Zora, unbuckling her seat belt as she stirred lightly, coming out of her sleep. Zenobia stood at the door waiting to greet them.
"Hey." She said as Grey walked through the door carrying Zora.
"What's up Zen?" He replied placing her on the couch.
"You look tired. How you been?" Zenobia questioned, seeing the bag under his eyes. Zenobia knew all about Grey and Blanche's situation and truthfully she wished they would work things out. She could see how much the separation was weighing on both of them. Plus with Blanche being the woman in his life, Zenobia felt as she had nothing to worry about when it came to the safety of her child. Bitches were scandalous and who would do your child dirty out of spiteful reasons and Blanche was far from that. She loved Zora way before she knew Grey was her father.
"I'm straight." He unenthusiastically answered, making Zenobia's face frown up.
"You're obliviously not Grey. Is it that bad to where y'all can't work things out?" Zenobia asked in response as he released a sarcastic sneer.
"Shit you tell me. You think tellin' yo ex nigga you still love him is cool?" He questioned with distain.
"No, but it's not like Juice was just her ex. They had a child they lost together. That's a different type of pain, Grey. Something I'm pretty sure you could imagine." She replied, trying to get him to see Blanche's side.
"You knew about that nigga?" Grey spat, as his voice raised slightly. Zenobia hushed him, glancing over at a still sleeping Zora and she walked into the kitchen, so they wouldn't wake her.
"Look it wasn't my place to tell you." Zenobia said as they entered the kitchen, "I encouraged her to say something and that's all I could've done. I wasn't trying to be the one to look like I was tryna break y'all up." She truthfully admitted. Her being the one to tell Grey the truth about Juice and Blanche would've made Zenobia look like a jealous baby momma and that's was the last thing she was. She tried to stay out of the relationship as much as she could, but sometimes she hard time keeping her opinions to herself.
"Plus let's not forget, we still occasionally say it to each other." Zenobia reminded him matter of factly.
Grey sucked his teeth, not wanting to hear what she was saying. Yeah Grey had love for Zenobia simply because she was the mother of his child, but he wasn't in love with her. So when he said it, it was more of a friendship type of love.
"That's not the same." He declared and she rolled her eyes.
"How?" She argued back, not seeing the difference.
"Cause I ain't in love with yo black ass, Zen." He teasingly stated, "And neither are you. I got love for cause you the mother of my child, but that's it."
"Okay, so how do you know that wasn't it?" Zenobia interrogated. Grey shot her a yeah right look.
"Cause it wasn't. That nigga wouldn't be so guarded if it was."
"So what, that's it? Y'all have a whole child on the way."
"I don't know. It's a lot of shit she's been lyin' about and it wasn't just that about nigga." Grey added.
"What do you mean?" He sighed, running his hands over his face before speaking.
"Apparently some nigga name Indie was the reason Blanche lost her first child."
"What?" She asked shocked and confused, "How?" Grey gave her a knowing look.
"You're lying." Zenobia whispered in disbelief not wanting to believe what Grey was telling her. Never did Zenobia imagine that was the nature of Blanche and Indie's relationship. But then she recalled at the questionable bruises and erratic behavior Blanche displayed during her time with Indie. How she missed the clues was beyond her.
"Shit I wish and Blanche didn't even tell me until she was in the hospital over some shit cause of him." Grey said, feeling his blood boil thinking about that night.
"Damn, she didn't tell me all that." She replied shocked to find out all Blanche had been hiding from everyone.
"Yeah she's real good at holdin' out on shit." He scornfully stated.
"Look I get that you're upset. You have every right to be and I'm not trying to make excuses for her either but, she's been through some real traumatic shit with her mom. You all of people who grew up with a drug addicted mother could relate. Not having that parental love for so long fucks your whole perception of love up. I think you two need to have a real talk before you just decide to walk away." Zenobia suggested. Grey nodded, remaining silent and taking her words in.
"Look thanks for the advice. Ima head out." Grey said. Zenobia walked him to the front door and he left. She exhaled, closing the door, hoping that Grey and Blanche could figure their shit out once and for all.