☆ FORTY-EIGHT ☆

Tuesday night・❥・
8:08pm

      After the phone call with Grey, Blanche was feeling like she was walking on air. Hearing his confession of him loving her, made her feel even more confident in their relationship. Which was a strange experience for her. She never pegged herself as the relationship type and the thought of being attached to someone terrified her. The whole idea of being vulnerable and open to give someone the power to choose to break you heart or not, did not sit well with her. She'd experienced a heartbreak like that before early on in life and wasn't interested in ever feeling that way again. The jaded side of her believed that if her own mother didn't love her, then how could someone else? However with Grey she feeling more comfortable with that idea more and more everyday and hearing those words fall from his lips, reassured that fact. He was unknowingly healing that broken part inside of her.
    Rising from her bed, Blanche enters her bathroom, quickly relieving her bladder before going to search from Talia and Kenzie. Smelling something delicious being cooked, Blanche makes her way towards the kitchen finding Talia cooking as Kenzie sat on a barstool at the kitchen island, making them drinks.

"What are you in here cooking?" Blanche quizzes, coming over to Talia and peeping over her shoulder

"You already know what. It's taco tuesday girl." Talia happily replies, doing a little twerk. Blanche laughs in response, taking a seat next to Kenzie.
"I should've known. I need about 5 tacos while your at it." Blanche said.
"Damn B, you greedy." Kenzie teases, handing Talia a margarita glass. They all share a laugh.
"Don't forget I'm eating for two." Blanche reminded them, rubbing her belly, "Me and my baby are hungry."
"Don't worry girl. Auntie Tal got y'all." Talia said.
"What else do y'all have planned for the night? I know y'all not staying in." Blanche inquired. With the way Grey was icing her out, she wasn't sure he was planning on seeing her anytime soon and without his presence, things had becoming boring. So Blanche needed something to do with her night.
"We're going out. Brick said he and Grey were going to this lounge tonight, so we're going to slide through." Talia informed her. Blanche faces turns into a frown, becoming upset. She couldn't believe the reason why Grey dissed her earlier was because he was going out to some damn lounge with Brick. It made her cynical antennae's go off. Why was he going out and who was he trying to see? She felt silly. Here she was praising him and feeling like they were headed in the right direction when Grey was acting shady.
"You should come with. Just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't enjoy yourself." Kenzie suggested. Blanche thought about it for a moment. If Grey thought he was going to be out, having fun while she sat a home sad over him, he had another thing coming. Blanche would definitely be going out and giving Grey a reminder exactly who he was dealing with.

・❥・

Juice sat in a stolen car, on a dark and secluded street, outside of one of Indie's traps with a blunt in his hand and vengeance on his mind. Knowing what he knew now about the nature Blanche and Indie's relationship, made this hit even more personal for him. Shit, he couldn't lie though. He was definitely hurt that Blanche didn't feel comfortable enough confiding in him about the truth about their child. It surprised him cause Juice thought their bond was closer than that. I mean he knew lately shit been rocky but once upon ago, they shared everything. He remembered when they were thick as thieves and running the streets together. But knowing that she had another nigga she was confiding in and protecting her, jaded him. It shouldn't have though. He had a whole family at home, so the feelings he felt for Blanche, that had been resurfacing lately, confused him.
"Yo you good?" Javi quizzed, noticing his demeanor.
"Yeah." Juice briefly replied, snapping out of his thought.
"You sure? You real quiet over there bruh." Ace, Javi's older brother, chimed in. He was the muscle of their organization and ran it with an iron first. Ace was ruthless and menacing when it came to laying the law. It was the only way he knew how to be. Ace was loyal to his blood and would murk any nigga that threatened that and Juice knew if he was gonna run a play of this caliber, Juice needed niggas with him that were on some shoot first, ask questions later type shit. Indie's operation was tight and secure and he wasn't dealing with just little weight. He supplied drugs and narcotics to majority of the cities in LA. So if they we're gonna make this hit, Juice had to have niggas watching his back that were just as trigger happy as him. Plus with Javi and Ace being related to Blanche, they just cared more and were willing to do anything to protect their blood more than some recruited soldiers. Blanche came from a long line of hustlers. Her family specialized in organized crime, so most of their crew were her older cousins and uncles. It's what made their businesses work so well. He father and uncles had a shared interest of seeing their family win.
"Yeah nigga, I'm good. Just focused on this hit." Juice respond, taking a long pull on his blunt.
"Just checking. We know this shit is personal, so we need you're head on straight." Javi said.
"My shit straight." He defensively argued.
Ace chuckled, rubbing his beard, "Aight nigga, save that shit yo boy and get of ya damn feelings cuz." Juice sucks his teeth, glaring at him through the rearview mirror.
"What's up bruh?" Ace egged him on. He was never the type of nigga to sugar coat shit or back down from any nigga, Juice included. Best friends or not.  "You know ima keep it real witcho ass, but what you need to do is channel all that shit into this right here. You been slippin' cause you in yo feeling about B. Take this opportunity to get all that shit out so we can make this bitch ass nigga pay." Ace told him. Juice was his boy since day one. Him, Juice and Power had been rocking together since Carter added him as an addition to their team. However, on occasion, they bumped heads. It was only natural, both men were born leaders.
   Juice took in his best friends words, knowing he was right. Yet what his mind knew, his heart was having a hard time accepting.
"We got action." Javi pipes up, pulling down his ski mask, seeing a car pull into driveway.
"Y'all ready?" Juice says, checking his gun and placing the safety on before tucking it away.
"Nigga was born ready. Let's remind these niggas what happens when you fuck with the Grambling cartel."