☆ THIRTY-EIGHT ☆

Friday evening・❥・
4:31pm

  After her morning with Grey and spending her afternoon at the warehouse, Blanche was sleepy and more than ready for her bed. But before she went home, Blanche had to make a quick stop at her dad's house. Zora had been calling her for hours begging that she'd come over, so Blanche decided to stop by and show her face before heading home.
Pulling into the long driveway, Blanche parks her car before making her way inside, using her key.
"Is anyone home?" She yells in a sing song tone, stepping through the foyer.
"Blanche!" Zora screams, running from the living room.
"Hi Z." Blanche says, leaning down and picking her up. Blanche kisses her cheek and Zora wraps her tiny arms around her neck, hugging tightly.
"Where were you? I kept calling you." Zora asked, making Blanche laugh as she ruffles her curls.
"I know Z. I was busy."
"Are you done being busy?"
"Yes, my attention is yours all yours, babygirl." Blanche tells her, putting her down and Zora pulls her into the living room where Zenobia sat on the couch, deep in concentration, staring at her phone.

"Hey girl

"Hey girl." Blanche says, plopping down on the couch next to her. Zora climbs into Blanche's lap with her iPad.
"Hey." Zenobia quickly replies, without glancing up from her phone. Blanche could tell by how Zenobia's eyebrows were scrunched up, that whatever she was looking at was important.
"What's wrong with you?"
"Girl." Zenobia says exhaling deeply, finally taking her eyes off of her phone. "So apparently Z's dad has baby on the way." Blanche's heart immediately drops and instantly she wondered how Zenobia knew and if she knew that Blanche was the mother.
"Oh really? How you know that?" She nonchalantly replies, playing it cool and toying with Z's curls.
"He told me a couple day ago. Plus he posted this earlier." Zenobia hands Blanche her phone and she sees Grey's post. Scrolling through the pictures, Blanche comes across the one she took earlier that day. This nigga, Blanche groans to herself. The last thing she wanted was Zenobia snooping around and coming across the truth before she was able to tell her.
"Oh damn. You know who the girl is?" Blanche inquires, fishing around the she if Zenobia had any leads.
"No and of course his black ass wouldn't say. But look at this comment. Ain't this your friend? You think she knows?" Zenobia queried, showing Blanche Talia's comment.
"Yeah that is. I don't know if she does but I'll ask." Blanche says, trying to play it cool but she wasn't sure if she came of that way. Her palms were sweating like crazy.
Carter interrupts, coming into the living room.
"You still ain't dressed?" He complains to Zenobia, coming over and kissing Blanche and Zora on the forehead. Zenobia sighs, rubbing her temple.
"Sorry, I got caught up in something and completely forgot to call the babysitter." Zenobia replies. She was so busy stalking Grey that it completely slipped her mind that she and Carter had a dinner date.
"I can watch Z." Blanche offers, mostly cause she was guilty for some reason. Keeping the fact that she was pregnant from her dad and Zenobia was becoming harder than Blanche thought it would be.
"You sure?" Zenobia asked.
"Girl, yes. I've watched her plenty of time before. Y'all go out and have fun." Blanche replies, reassuringly.
"Okay, let me go get dressed then." Zenobia says, rising from the couch and heading upstairs to get ready.
"You sure you wanna watch her? It's Friday night and you don't have any plans?" Carter quizzes. Blanche softly chuckles.
"My plans are too be in my bed." She informs her dad and he places his hand on her forehead, checking her temperature.
"You sick or something? Staying in bed doesn't sound like you." Carter jokes and Blanche swats his hand away, laughing. A night in with Z sounded perfect to Blanche. Besides lately she was constantly feeling drained, so the only place she wanted to be was at home. Her plans for the night were to curl up with Z in bed, watching their favorite Disney movies and enjoying the bond she built with this little girl who she once viewed as a sister but now the bond was becoming more motherly.
"I'm not sick. Just tired. Plus I don't always have to go out." Blanche rebuts.
"Mhm. You too young to be tired." Carter insists making Blanche rolls her eyes. She hated when her father said that. Just because she was young, didn't mean she was immune to being tired.
"Whatever. Ima take Z to my house and bring her back in the morning."
"No worries. I'll pick her up in the morning." Carter says, before glancing at the time on his phone.
"Let me go check on Zenobia and make sure she's getting ready. You be safe, alright?" Carter tells her before disappearing upstairs.
"C'mon Z, we're gonna have a sleepover at my house."