☆ FIVE ☆

Saturday afternoon
12:33pm

            "We should do this again sometime

            "We should do this again sometime." Grey insisted to Blanche as they stand outside the lobby of his high rise complex, waiting for her ride. An all black SUV with tinted window pulls up and Grey eyes the vehicle suspiciously as a large man climbs out of the driver side, coming around the car.
"Afternoon Ms. Blanche." Mouse said greeting her and opening up the passenger door. Blanche greets Mouse back before giving Grey a final goodbye. Blanche having a driver raised a flag for Grey but he chose to hold off his inquiries for another day. She climbs into the backseat, as Mouse close the door going back around to the driver side. He motioned for her to roll down her window and she does.
"Let me see your phone." Grey demanded and Blanche hands in to him. He enters his number, calling himself.
"Don't be actin' brand new when I call." He commands and Blanche eyes lids flutter upwards flirtatiously. "I could never." She sweetly tells him, playing in his goatee briefly before grabbing his chin and placing a peck on his lips. Their kiss breaks as Grey intriguingly grinning at her.
"I can already tell your trouble."
"I could say the same." Blanche replied as Grey steps back from the car, winking at Blanche before she rolls up her window and the car drives off.

・❥・

        Blanche finally arrived home after a long night, drained and not ready to hear her dad's complaints about her being late. She steps into her home, immediately greeted with the smell of soul food and the sounds of H.E.R. coming from her kitchen. Instantly Blanche knew who was in her home and excitedly heads towards the kitchen. She walks down the hallway, turning the corner entering the lavish kitchen seeing her father, his girlfriend, Zenobia and her daughter Zora. Blanche smiled watching them interact.
Out of all the women Blanche's dad ever dated, Zenobia, was her favorite. She was a single mother who ran her own hair salon in Beverly Hills. Frankly Blanche was happy to see her father with someone who would be capable of taking care of him as he got older and add joy to his life. Sometimes Blanche could see how much the absences of her mother still affected her father.
"I hope y'all saved me a plate." Blanche said announcing her presence.
"Blanche!" Zora screamed, running over to give her a hug. Zora was the cutest toddler Blanche had ever seen with her mocha skin and thick black coils. She was like a little black baby doll.
"Hi Z." Blanche greets her, leaning down and scooping her up.
"See that's why her little spoiled ass won't walk now." Zenobia said,  shaking her head at her daughter.
"You know she's my baby." Blanche pouts, pulling Zora close. Zenobia playfully rolls her eyes in response.
"She'll be six in two months. Ain't no more baby." Zenobia reminded, pointing to her daughter.
"She's always gonna be the baby...you know unless." Blanche replied, suggestively staring back and forth  between her father and Zenobia. Carter choked on his coffee making them laugh. He and Zenobia had only been dating for eight months so the kid conversation wasn't even on the table. However Blanche was praying they would just hurry and up get married. This was the happiest she'd ever seen her father with a woman.
"I think it's way to earlier to be talking about kids." Zenobia responded, answering for the both of them.
"Mhm." Blanche muttered, going over and greeting her father with a kiss on the cheek.
"Glad to see you've finally made it." Carter dryly states, making Blanche roll her eyes.
"Daddy, really?" She groans in response.
"Yes really, Blanche." Carter mocks his daughter. "Responsibilities first. All that other shit needs to come last." He sternly reminds her.
"Okay Warden." Blanche obliges only to get her dad to stop his bickering.
"Now get dressed. We're leaving in 30 minutes." He demanded. It was the first of the month which meant the had books to check and money to clean.