☆ TWENTY-ONE ☆

Sunday afternoon・❥・
1:34pm

"So are you still mad at me?" Leena asked Blanche through the FaceTime call as Blanche laid on her bed watching a movie. Sighing, she chews the inside of her cheek, thinking about it. Deciding to take the high road, Blanche says fuck it and forgives her.
"Nah I'm over it, girl." She tells her.
"Good cause I miss my bestie." Leena said, making kissy face into the camera.
Blanche laughed, "I missed you too, girl."
"What you got planned for today?"
"Nothing really."
"Are you still messing with Grey?" She inquisitively asked. For some reason, the question bothered Blanche.
"He's around." Blanche vaguely replies, unsure where Leena was going with the conversation. Since the incident with Indie, Blanche felt like she had to watch what she said around Leena.
"Oh...Are you gonna see him again soon?"
"What's with the third degree, Lee?" Blanche quizzed suspiciously, climbing off her bed and walking out her bedroom to the kitchen.
"Nothing, girl. I was just making conversation." Leena insisted.
"Mhm, if you say. I'll call you later girl." Blanche tells her, stopping her snooping before it she could continue. They say their goodbyes and she disconnects the call, entering the kitchen seeing Zenobia sitting at the island counter with her phone plastered to her ear.

Blanche goes into the refrigerator, grabbing a bottled water

Blanche goes into the refrigerator, grabbing a bottled water. "Okay great, thank you so much! I will see you in two weeks." Zenobia says to the person on the other end of the call.
"Whew! Planning a kid's birthday party is no joke." Zenobia tells Blanche.
"How much more do you still need to do?"
"Shit, not much. Z's dad is paying for it, so I hired a party planner to help out with majority of if."
"Oh well I know Zora is going to love it no matter what." Blanche assuringly tells her.
"Girl, as long as her daddy is there, she will. That girl is a daddy's girl foreal." Zenobia said.
"Are you and him cool?" Blanche asked, taking sip of her water.
"I mean, we're cordial. Can't lie and say a bitch ain't a little bitter still. But once a dog, always a dog." Zenobia admits.
"Mhm, I definitely understand that." Blanche said nodding her head in agreement. Zenobia laughed, "Girl, you just as bad as these niggas." She teases making Blanche playfully gasp.
"I'm offended." Blanche replied, placing a hand on her chest pretending to be shocked.
"You know you're the son your daddy never had." Zenobia joked making Blanche laugh as she shook her head. Her phone vibrated, letting her know she had a text and she glances at the screen, seeing a message from Grey.

Grey: Let me take you out to dinner tonight.
Blanche: and where will we be going?
Grey: Fleming's @ 9pm. I'll have my driver pick you up. Send me your address.

Zenobia takes notices of the smile on her face.
"That must be one of your little boyfriends now." She teasingly said as Blanche bats her lashes.
"It may be more, but the verdict is still out on this one." She admitted, texting Grey her address before placing her phone back down.
"Ohhh? Let me find out you turning in your player card." Zenobia jokingly replied. Blanche laughs, shrugging.
"Who knows? There's a conflict of interest." Blanche vaguely admits. She couldn't tell Zenobia, without the possibility of her father finding out. So Blanche felt like it was best to keep who he was a secret for now.
"Girl, you're 23. The only conflict of interest there is if he fucked a friend or something." Zenobia said and Blanche laughs again, shaking her head. Carter walks into the kitchen with Zora on his back.
"What y'all in here laughing about?" He asked, placing Zora down.
"Nothing babe." Zenobia said, winking at Blanche.
"Mhm, y'all probably in here gossiping'." Carter, replied guessing right.
"B, can we pretty please have a sleepover tonight?" Zora sweetly asked her, as she reaches for Blanche to pick her up. Blanche's lifts her from her fathers back, placing Zora in her lap. Zora was the little sister Blanche always wanted. During the eight months of their parent's relationship, they'd formed a close sisterly bond.
"I'm sorry baby girl, but I have a date tonight." Blanche tells her, giving her cheek a kiss before ruffing her curls. A pout appears on Zora's face.
"No fair. I wanna go on a date too." Zora complains amusing Blanche and Zenobia.
"You're not old enough to date, Z." Her mom said.
"It's okay Z, Blanche isn't going. She isn't old enough to date either." Carter tells Zora. Blanche rolls her eyes and Zenobia laughs.
"Daddy, please. I am grown." Blanche declared.
"How you grown but I pay for everything?" He teasingly rebuts and Blanche rolls her eyes again.
"It's not my fault you spoil me." Blanche said, giving him a dismissive waving.
"Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get ready for my date." She tells him matter of factly before exiting the kitchen.