☆ THIRTY-TWO ☆

Friday morning・❥・
10:15am

         A few weeks later, Blanche was at brunch with her girls. After her doctor's appointment, Blanche discovered she was a month and a half pregnant and her pregnancy hormones had her craving the red velvet waffles from, The Waffle, located on sunset. Usually Blanche would already be about four mimosas in, however the growing baby in her belly didn't allow her to currently partake in those activities and her friends noticed.
"So is there a reason why you're not drinking?" Talia suspiciously interrogated.
"Why does there have to be a reason, Tal?" Blanche shot back.
"Cause whenever we go to brunch, yo ass stay downin' mimosas." Kenzie added. Leena and Blanche make eye contact, before Blanche waved them off.
"You make me sound like an alcoholic." Blanche retorts.
"I'm just saying." Talia shrugs, downing her flute, "You know you wanna partake in these festivities." Talia teases as Blanche's phone begins to ring. She looks down at the caller ID, seeing Grey calling and picks it up.
"Yes Grey." Blanche answered sweetly as Talia and Kenzie making kissy faces to each other. Blanche gives them the finger.
"Where you at?" He demandingly asked.
"At brunch with the girls."
"Mm, you better not be drinking." He sternly said and Blanche chuckled, shaking her head at his overprotectiveness.
"Okay dad." Blanche teasingly retorted.
"It's daddy to you, ma." He flirts back, as Blanche gets excited with lust.
"Yes daddy." She purrs into the phone. Grey chuckles, licking his lips.
"That's more you like. Hit me when you done, aight?" He says and Blanche agrees, before hanging up.
"Well well well Miss Blanche, seems like Grey's got you sprung." Talia voices, grinning at her.
"More than sprung. You heard her calling that nigga, daddy." Leena says, with a hint of annoyance in her voice.
"Don't hate. Besides, he is a daddy." Blanche announces matter of factly, shrugging.
"I need to hear this tea. Who's daddy is he?" Kenzie attentively questions.
"Girl, Zora's. He's fucking Zenobia's baby daddy." Blanche says, making them gasp.
"And you're still fucking with him?" Leena disapprovingly asked and Blanche rolls her eyes.
"It's more complicated than that." Blanche says, trailing off.
"Why? Cause your pregnant?" Leena blurts out and Blanche glares at her, pissed she had outed her.  Leena had no right blurring out her business, and frankly Blanche was getting tired of her shit.
"You're pregnant?!" Talia shockingly interrupts and Blanche nervously bites her lip, nodding yes as Talia and Kenzie both squeal with excitement. Leena, on the other hand, stared on disapprovingly.
"So Grey is the father?" Leena scrutinizes.
"Well duh, who else would it be?" Kenzie says, "Congratulations girl!"
"Thank you, Ken." Blanche says, glad that at least one of her friends was happy for her.
"We have to make a toast." Talia excitedly says, holding up her flute. "Here's to Blanche, may you're pregnancy be a beautiful and great experience." Talia announces before they clink their glasses together.
"We have to start planning a shower." Talia continues, picking up her phone, "I'm thinking winter wonderland theme since it will probably be towards the fall." Blanche laughs, shaking her head.
"Chill girl. We can talk baby shower's after I tell my dad."
"He doesn't know yet?" Kenzie asked.
"Fuck no, and honestly I'm not ready to tell him or Zenobia." Blanche truthfully replies.
"Damn girl, I would hate to be you." Talia sympathized.
"I mean, you don't have to keep it." Leena suggests, making Blanche cuts her eyes at her.
"Why you you even say a thing like that?" Talia buts in, coming to Blanche's defense. The more time Blanche spend around Leena, the more she became  annoyed with her. Blanche knew she wasn't thrilled with her being pregnant, but to suggest something like that just seemed cruel. Especially when Leena knew Blanche had lost a child once before.
"You know what?" Blanche starts, picking up her purse, "I'm gonna go before I say something both of us will regret." Blanche spats, before walking away from the table. Blanche was over Leena and her negative aura and she didn't have the mental capacity to deal with whatever was making Leena upset. Whenever Blanche found some sort of happiness, Leena always found a way to dimmer that.