Arc 3 chapter 4: blackout

We were in the most expensive restaurant on the ship, celebrating the outcome of the past few exams. In the history of this school, not one class had risen to class A so quickly.

It wasn't just the group, either. It was the entirety of class
1-C. The plates had just been cleared, and it was at this point that Ryuuen got up to make a speech, tapping his glass with his fork.

"Fellow classmates. I hope you're all enjoying yourselves."

There were a few cries of approval.

"Good. It was the school administrative that said we weren't deserving of 100% guarantee of further education and employment."

There were a few boos and hisses.

"Well. Who's laughing now? I'll tell you who: it's next terms class 1-A!"

The entire class cheered. A few of them hadn't quite realised the point totals yet, so for some it was a pleasant shock.

"And none of it would have been possible if not for people like Ayanokouji, or Shiina. Maybe even Kaneda." Ryuuen gestured to the 3 of us. Aside from Ryuuen, we were the strategic masterminds behind 1-C. But just because it was true didn't make it any less embarrassing to be singled out. I could tell that Shiina had the same feelings as me. As Ryuuen spoke, Shiina leaned in and whispered to me.

"You know, I didn't realise it before, but Ryuuen is...quite charismatic, isn't he? Charming, even?"

"Yes. I suppose he is."

As we were talking, something unexpected happened.

Hashimoto pov
Damn. How did I get involved with such a crazy bunch of people. All I did was side with the princess, and now I was in the bowels of a cruise ship, looking for the circuit breaker.

Just as I was about to give up, I saw it. I called the group to check that everyone was in place. They gave me the green light.

I opened the circuit breaker and, wearing rubber gloves, started ripping out wires. Sparks started to fly, and I had to get away before anyone saw me. Just then, the lights went off.

Good. The first phase of the plan was a success.

Ayanokouji pov
The lights went out. Immediately, I grabbed Shiina and went to the stage.

"Ryuuen? Ryuuen?" I called.

"I'm here, Ayanokouji." I followed the sound of Ryuuen's voice, and bumped into him.

"Text the chat. Tell them to come to the stage of the restaurant."

I turned my phone light on while he was doing that, revealing a panicked scene in front of me. My classmates were crawling over each other, trying to get to a lifeboat. Didn't they know that just because there was no lights didn't mean that the ship was sinking.

(Disclaimer: I don't know how the fuck boats work, but let's just assume that Ayanokouji is right.)

I then heard a noise behind me. Turning around, I managed to brace myself as a fist flew at my face. I couldn't make out who it was, but it was definitely a boy, and it wasn't powerful enough to be Kouenji, so I assumed it was Kanzaki.

I delivered a kick to his ribs, and then a punch to his throat. Credit to him, he managed to stay standing. I finished it with a roundhouse to his temple, knocking him out.

It was at this moment that I realised I had let go of Shiina's hand at some point.

Shiina pov
"Hello, Shiina." I heard Kushida whisper in my ear.