Arc 8 chapter 2: ambush.

(This exam is just a complete clusterfuck. I don't get how Kinugasa can actually conceive these things without messing up. I'll just explain Ayanokouji's group. If I don't write about something in this arc, it means it hasn't changed.)

Group C:

Class A: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, Ryuuen Kakeru, Kaneda Satoru, Albert Yamada, Ishizaki Daichi, Kyogou Komiya, Reo Kondou, Hiroya Tokito.

Class B: Katsuragi Kouhei, Hashimoto Masayoshi

Class C: Shibata Sou, Kanzaki Ryuuji

Class D: Miyake Akito, Yukimura Teruhiko, Hirata Yousuke.

Our group was dominated mainly by class A students. Just now I wanted it. On the other hand, however, we had Sakayanagi's pawn, Hashimoto, and a man who would probably like to see me dead, Kanzaki.

Not fun.

Two days into the exam

I had been called to the building where we practiced zazen.

I don't know for what purpose, but I wasn't simply going to ignore an order from a teacher.

When I opened the door, I saw a man with brown hair, wearing a suit. He was sat cross-legged, facing away from me.

"Why was I called here, mr..." I tried to ask for his name.

"Ayanokouji," he answered, standing up and turning to face me.

For the first time in almost a year, I came face to face with my father again.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"What do you mean? Do you not know where you are? This 'school camp' lies within walking distance of the place you were raised," he said, matter-of-factly.

"The institution where you experimented on me, you mean."

"Well, I wouldn't say 'experimented'. I would rather say 'nurtured'," he let out a dry cough.

"What do you want?" I asked, ready to leave.

"You know what I want. I want you to leave this place with me, and come back to the white room," he said.

I made to leave.

"You know, I saw a girl here who looks remarkably similar to your mother. I wonder if she's some relation?" He called before I could leave.

I turned around and gripped him by the throat, lifting him off of the ground, but still giving him room to breathe.

"I would be think very carefully about the words you say next, if I were you," I said.

My father clicked his fingers, and two figures came through the door.

One was the man who tried to abduct me from the hospital. I believe his name was Akito.

The other was a feminine figure, slightly shorter than me, but she was wearing a medical mask and had a hood covering her face. I couldn't see her face.

"Well, I would also be careful of my actions, if I were you," he said, throwing my words back at me.

"We're done here," I said, putting him down.

I left the room.

"If you touch her...by god, I will kill you," I said.

Akito stumbled slightly at the apparent ferocity of my gaze, but the girl showed no visible reaction, and my father just laughed dryly.

"Aha, haha...you really think you can stand against my associates here all by yourself?"

He had a point there. These two were probably armed. I didn't know the extent of either of their abilities, but I didn't like the girl. She creeped me out.