Arc 4 chapter 7: revelations

We'd won the four way tug-of-war, and the mixed-gender three-legged race. It was now time for the last event, the 1200-metre relay. Both guys and girls would run in this race. Three guys and three girls from each class had to participate.

Our chosen runners assembled in the middle of the field. Horikita's older brother, and Nagumo-senpai were among them. We had a chance of winning the festival now, and we weren't going to waste it.

The instant the signal started, Ishizaki got off to an ok start. He was toward the middle of the first runners. Sudou was in the lead.

Next up, Ishizaki passed the baton to Ibuki, who was slightly faster. She managed to outrun quite a few people who had the baton given to them before her.

She ran and passed the baton to Albert, who managed to tank through and run almost to the front.

He passed the baton to Komiya, who lost our lead slightly. 6 people managed to pass the baton before he passed it on.

He passed the baton to Ryuuen, who was neck and neck with the person next to him to pass the baton to me.

I looked to my left, to see the student council president, Horikita Manabu. He was handed his baton at the same time I was handed mine, and we both set off at an incredible pace.

Even in the earlier events of today, I had never run this fast, not in my entire life. I beat the elder Horikita by about half a second's difference.

The crowds cheered. All my classmates came pouring onto the pitch. Albert lifted me up, which was a little embarrassing.

In the distance, I could see Kushida looking at me. Her eyes were full of hate. I could see her talking to Sakayanagi about something. That wasn't good.

The results would be announced during the sports festival's closing ceremonies. All the students looked toward the gigantic electronic scoreboard.

"We'll now announce the results of this year's school sports festival!"

"Red team" and "white team" were displayed as separate entries on the scoreboard. The tallied numbers started to rise, showing the total points the teams had acquired from all thirteen events. The winning team was...

The words "red team wins" appeared on the board along with the team's score. The competition had been incredibly arduous, but the red teams D/A coalition appeared to be victorious.

"Next, we will announce each class's overall points."

The board divided the twelve classes into 3 categories, and it displayed the overall points for each class all at once. We didn't really care about the details for the senior year scores. What was crucial for us was class A's position.

1st place: Class 1-A
2nd place: Class 1-D
3rd place: Class 1-C
4th place: Class 1-B

"We won. Yay!" Shiina was jumping for joy.

To be honest, the entire class was jumping for joy. We had worked hard, and it had payed off.

"Lastly, we wi announce the MVP for each school year."

First year MVP: Ayanokouji Kiyotaka

That was certainly unexpected. Not.

My classmates cheers had reached a new height now. Our team had one, our class had won, and I had won. Our class certainly had the best position in the entire school right now.

I then received a request to meet up with someone after school. I hadn't expected that.

The students, having used up all their energy during the festival, began to leave the classroom one after another, looking completely drained.

Everyone left the room one by one, and before I knew it, I was the only person left. I was prepared to respond to the request, and was waiting for her here.

Just then, she entered the classroom.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, Ayanokouji-kun. I got caught up talking with a friend." She said, putting her hands together in an apologetic gesture.

"Don't worry. It's fine, Ichinose," I said.

"So, why did you want to meet up like this?" I asked.

After we met at the classroom, we were walking around the corridors. Eventually, we went up some stairs, and went to the roof.

"Oh, well...there's something I've been wanting to talk to you about." She said, quietly.

Wow. Could I be getting a confession? Cool.

"Oh. Well, what is it?" I asked.

"Ayanokouji-kun. You said you never knew your mother, right?" She asked.

"Um...yeah, I know I had one, but I can't remember her."

"Well...your situation is the exact same as my relationship with my father, but I can remember his face." She said.

I thought she said she never knew him. Either way, this conversation was starting to take a weird turn.

"I also remember my twin brother. He and my father looked the same. I looked more like my mother though." She said.

"Um, right. Ok?" I was confused.

"Ayanokouji-kun. I want you to look at this picture." She said, pulling out a photograph from her jacket and showing it to me.

The photo was very poor quality, and I couldn't make out who was in it. After a moment, I could make out Ichinose and...

Me? No, it wasn't me, or Ichinose. For one thing, I've never worn clothes like that, and Ichinose's...chest area...was slightly larger in this photo than it was in real life.

But then...who were they? I then noticed two children underneath them. One of them I could make out instantly to be a miniature Ichinose. But the other was...Myself. So then, that meant that the man who looked like me was... my father?

"I-ichinose...w-what is this?" I felt confused, and sick.

"Ayanokouji...the woman in that photograph is my mother. And the man next to her is my father." She said.

Then, what was I doing in the picture.

"And the boy standing next to me is...my brother. You are my brother, Ayanokouji."

Authors notes
1005 words
Wow, big surprise. Wow, let's just hope no one put anything hinting at this in an earlier chapter 👀.
Yep, Ichinose and Ayanokouji are twin siblings.
Class A won the sports festival 🥳.
On another note, just thinking about this early representation of Ryuuen.

Look how they butchered my boi.
Not much else to say really
Hope you're all doing well and I hope you enjoyed.