5

Toni's POV
December 10

I was in Maryland visiting my grandmothers grave. I came down two days ago and I surprised my siblings and now I'm here. Today is her birthday so that's why I'm visiting her. I haven't been there in about two years because the last time I went, Evelyn was there. When she drove off I pulled my hoodie over my head and ducked. I did not want her to see me and start up a conversation like we all cool and stuff. Hell to the no.

ANGELUS-ROSEDALE CEMETERY

When I got to the cemetery it was a bit empty. I got out of my car and grabbed the catchflies flowers that my grandmother likes. I then went into the trunk and a grabbed a blanket.

I sighed as I began to walk against the familiar path to her grave. Once I got there I placed the flowers next to the stone and laid the blanket down. I sat on the blanket and I felt tears stream down my face. I didn't even know that I began to cry.

𝐼𝑟𝑚𝑎 𝑃. 𝐵𝑟𝑎𝑥𝑡𝑜𝑛

𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑖𝑓𝑒,𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟, 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑚𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟, 𝑓𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑,𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟

𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒: 𝐷𝑒𝑐𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 10,1905

𝑆𝑢𝑛𝑠𝑒𝑡: 𝐴𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑙 18,1979

𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑔𝑟𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑚𝑎 -𝑇𝑜𝑛𝑖 𝐵𝑟𝑎𝑥𝑡𝑜𝑛 ♡︎

She wanted me to have something engraved on her tombstone before she passed and I promised her that I would do it.

"Hi grandma." I can still hear her talking to me as if she is still here.

"I miss you so much." When I found out that she died I didn't want to eat at all. I didn't go to school for a whole month and I also wasn't talking. My grandmother dying hurt me so bad, she was my favorite person in the whole entire world.

She died at 74 due to diabetes causing her to go blind in one eye and losing both of her legs. I remember the time I was twelve and I told my grandmother and aunts that I was bisexual. I don't know how they all knew that I was bisexual even before I knew what my sexuality is.

Flashback

Young Toni's POV (12)
3:35 PM

I went over to my grandmothers house after school because I didn't want to go home. I also had something very important to tell her and I didn't want to tell anyone else. I trust my grandmother with my secret and I know that she wouldn't tell anybody else.

"Grandma I'm home." I said as I walked inside the house and I took off my shoes by the door.

"Little girl this is not your house." She said and I chuckled. I put my bag down by the door and walked over to the living room where she was at. She was in her wheelchair knitting a blue and pink blanket. I saw my aunts which are my fathers younger sisters sitting on the couch.

I didn't know they were going to be there. This might be a little harder for me to tell my grandma now.

(Them in MM)

"Hi grandma, hi auntie Max and auntie Teri. Is that for me?" I kissed my grandmothers cheek and sat on the couch.

"Hey T." My aunts said waving at me.

"Hi grand baby, no that's not for you, it's for Tay. What are you doing here?"

"Oh okay. I didn't want to go home and plus I wanted to tell you something but I didn't know they were here. It's a secret so you can't tell anyone, not even mommy or daddy." I explained to her.