9

Nobody's POV
10:36 pm
Dec. 31.

The family started arriving at Janet and Toni's house a few moments ago. Soft music was being played as people started talking amongst one another.

"Wow, I know you guys aren't talking about me when I do Christmas." Whitney said referring to the decorations that Toni and Janet had in their house. It was very cute and it fit the new years' theme. The theme is black, white, and gold so the guests had the option to wear any of those colors.

 The theme is black, white, and gold so the guests had the option to wear any of those colors

"Well, we have to have our moment too." Toni giggled.

"Oh please." Whitney playfully waved them off.

"And y'all look cute as hell."

"Thank you we try."

"Toni when you are done with that dress can I please have it? It's so cute

"Toni when you are done with that dress can I please have it? It's so cute." Toni was about to answer but Janet interrupted.

"There won't be much of that dress when I'm finished with it."

"Oh my goodness." Toni said in shock.

"Just nasty." Whitney said scrunching up her face.

***

"Hey, Nicole." Toni said seeing Nicole sitting outside by herself. Toni had actually come outside to let Everest in.

"Hey, Toni." They hugged each other and when they pulled away, Toni stared at her.

"What?" Nicole said looking behind her. Toni laughed and sat on the bench next to her.

"You're glowing, that's all. Are you pregnant?" She asked jokingly.

"Yeah." Nicole answered tapping her thigh with her finger.

"What? I was just— oh my gosh congratulations." She said embracing her in another hug.

"Thank you."

"Does Kenny know?"

"No, I'm planning on telling him next week."

"Oh okay. I feel like I'm more excited than you are. Why is that?"

"I had a miscarriage when I was with my last boyfriend. I did everything right during my last pregnancy and it still went wrong. So I'm just scared that it's going to happen again so I don't want to get to attached to the baby..." Nicole explained and Toni nodded knowing exactly where she was coming from.