16

Janet's POV
April 10

Skai's room is almost finished and it looks similar to her drawing that she did. Toni and I just have to add the toys and other things to make the room more kid-like. While we were having her room made, we also installed a playroom for her. We had an empty room in the basement next to the studio so we turned it into a playroom. A huge one in fact. I might want to play in it too... 🤭

Oh and a few weeks ago Skai surprised us by saying our names. That shows that she's beginning to feel comfortable around us. Now she's saying a few words like 'no, thank you, Janet, Toni, yes' etc. Toni and I haven't heard her stuttering yet but we have to see when she speaks in full sentences.

Right now she's with my mother and Rebbie. They took her to the mall to spoil her, like always. At this point, we don't need to spoil Skai because our family is already doing it. Especially my brother Michael, let's not talk about him. He bought her an electric car that she can drive in. It's a pink range rover and the license plate says SKAI J, in glitter. Like, my license plate doesn't even have glitter on it, far less my name.

Anyways, Toni and I just added the finished touches to Skai's room. So Rebbie and my mother should be bringing Skai soon.

"Do you think she's going to like it?" Toni asked me and I nodded.

"Yup, she's going to be in shock. Jumping all around and hugging us." I laughed just imagining her reaction. A few moments later we heard a knock on the door.

"That's probably them." We walked downstairs and Toni opened the door for them.

"Oh my goodness..." I said seeing the bags they had. Rebbie shook her head and chuckled.

"Most of the bags are in the car."

"That's good, she didn't even need all of this stuff anyway." Skai rapidly nodded her head and Toni laughed. Once my mom and sister left we began walking upstairs.

'Is my room done?' Skai signed and I shrugged.

"Do you want it to be done?"

"Yes."

"Okay, let's see." We got in front of her door and she smiled widely. She looked up at Toni and me and pointed to the door.

"Close your eyes, no peeking."

"Janet please." Toni opened her room door revealing Skai's room. She gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. So cute but so dramatic.