17

A/N: Is this real or not? Cause it's for a show, a reality show I think and that's the same dude that ppl were talking abt— LMFAOAOOAOA idk I'm happy for her either way 😀

Toni's POV
April 14

It's about to be three months since Janet and I started fostering Skai. Tomorrow, the social worker is coming by for a monthly check-in. Adopting Skai has been on my mind for the past month. I wouldn't want her to be taken out of our care and get treated the same way how she was in her other foster homes. I haven't spoken to Janet about it but I will soon. Since the social worker is coming by tomorrow, maybe we can talk to her about adopting Skai. The phone rang interrupting me from my thoughts. It might be Tamar. I walked to the phone and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Toni."

"Hey, Tay. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing good and you?"

"Good, we just came back from church."

"Oh, that's good. Did you sing?"

"Mmhmm, we all sang."

"Okay..." I missed moments like that. Where all my siblings and I would sing during the service.

"But anyways, how are things with you guys and Skai?"

"It's going great, couldn't be better. But we're— well me, I'm thinking about adopting Skai. I haven't spoken to Janet about it yet."

"Oh, that would be amazing! Have you spoken to her social worker yet?"

"No, she comes by tomorrow."

"That's good, but— never mind. I don't want you to be upset."

I shook my head, "No Tay say it. You know I want you to always speak your mind no matter how right or wrong it is."

"Okay... you remember that law and order episode where Olivia was fostering Calvin and when she wanted to adopt him his mother wanted him back?" I hope she's not going where I think she's going.

"Yeah..."

"Well, I'm not saying it will, but what if that happens to you guys? I mean I'm not wishing it on y'all but it can happen..." Skai's mother is still alive and she still has the family members that didn't want to take her in in the beginning. What if they change her mind? I can't imagine Skai being taken away from us. I don't know what I would do— what we will do. I heard Janet come down the stairs and I looked at her.

"Are you okay baby?" She asked me and I nodded my head. I must've been crying. I wiped my tears and heard Tamar call out my name.

"Toni?" I cleared my throat and answered her.

"Y-yes I'm still here."

"Toni, are you crying?"

"No, I'm not." I said chucking but who am I fooling? I looked at Janet and I saw concern wash over her face.

"Yes you are, I'm sorry Tone. I didn't mean to make you upset."

"No, I'm not upset Tay. Look, I'm gonna have to call you back." I know Tamar's intentions weren't to make me upset or cry but I can't control my emotions.

"Promise you're not mad?"

"I promise I'm not. I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and sighed. I wiped my tears and looked at Janet.

"What's wrong baby? Come talk to me..." She grabbed my hand and we walked to the couch together. Janet sat down first and I sat down after, leaning against her body.