13

Hold on, I got a few things to say before y'all read this...

1. Wtf is TJ Jackson talking abt? Nobody knows you Frl. Talking about he teaching his girls how to he queens and not hoes. HE CALLING JANET A HOE? I think tf not cause ain't his cousins siblings and cousins at the same time?? Okay thennnn!! And he better chill out before Janet snatch him up like how she almost did Paris. 😭😭

2. Y I came across a YouTube vid that said Theresa Graves is Whitney real mother?? Now I see the resemblance and I watched some of the video and she sounds like Whitney but Whitney also looks like Cissy and Dionne. Man, idk what to believe and I need to forget Abt this whole situation cause it's gonna swallow me wholeee!! Anyways, enjoy this chap 😃

Nobody's POV
Thursday
1:30 PM

Skai is enjoying her stay at the Jackson's house. The couple has been treating her like their daughter and she loves it. It's been a while since Skai got treated like someone loves her. To Skai, Toni and Janet didn't have to do those things. Their practically strangers.

Right now she's playing in the backyard with Everest. Even though Skai can't speak, Everest seems to understand her. She threw the tennis ball and Everest caught it in her mouth. Skai jumped and clapped her hands. Once Everest trotted toward Skai, she pet her head and threw the ball again.

Inside, Toni and Janet are in the kitchen preparing lunch for the three of them. They are making chicken quesadillas which is kind of a kid friendly meal. They hoped Skai would enjoy it. She's not picky about foods yet but they know once she gets comfortable, she will start. In the middle of making lunch, the house phone rang.

"It's probably my mom." Janet said and rushed to get the phone before it stopped ringing. She answered it and placed it to her ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi Janet. How are you and Toni?"

"Hi mother and we're good. How are you and Joseph?"

"We're good also."

"That's good."

"Mm, how come I have to hear from Michael that you two are already fostering and I didn't get one call from you?" Janet smiled and answered her mother.

"Well we've been kinda busy with her you know?" She didn't tell Katherine a lie but it wasn't the complete truth.

"Mm okay. Well Sunday is right around the corner so I would like to see you guys."

"Okay and mother?"

"Yes baby?"

"Her name is Skai and a bit shy. She doesn't talk, only uses sign language." Katherine smiled on the other line but Janet couldn't see her.

"Okay Janet. I'll keep that in mind and I'll tell your father, including your siblings." The two of them said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. Janet sighed and went back to helping Toni make lunch.

Toni's POV

After Skai ate dinner she immediately went to take a nap in our bed. So Janet and I took this as the time to go through her file that Mrs. Smith gave to us. Maybe it will help us get a better understanding of why she doesn't talk. Janet soon came downstairs with Skai's file in her hand. It's a bit thin but I bet it's lengthy.

She took a seat on the couch next to me and I put my feet on her lap. Janet handed me the file and placed a blanket over us. I opened the file and a picture of her and her mom fell out. I picked it up and looked at it. Behind it is a picture of Skai as a toddler.