12

Nobody's POV
The next day

Janet woke up to the theme song of Clifford the big red dog playing. She opened her eyes and saw Skai sitting in Indian style, watching the tv. Looking down, she saw her wife laying on her chest with her hand in her shirt.

'Even in her sleep she still finds time to be nasty.' Janet thought to herself and slowly got up. Feeling the bed move, Skai turned her head away from the tv and looked at Janet. She smiled and waved at Janet.

"Good morning baby." She said kissing Skai's forehead.

'Good morning.' Skai signed to her.

"Did you brush your teeth already?"

She shook her head no. 'I couldn't reach the toothbrush.'

Janet nodded and they walked to the bathroom together. Once they got inside Janet reached in the cabinet and got out a toothbrush for Skai to use. After she brushed her teeth, she went back to watch the tv. After Janet brushed her teeth they both went downstairs to prepare breakfast.

***

Toni woke up to the smell of pancakes in her house. She rolled over in bed and rubbed her eyes. Toni went into the bathroom and did her morning routine. After she was done she walked downstairs, into the kitchen and saw Janet and Skai eating breakfast.

"Good morning baby." Janet said.

"Good morning." Toni kissed her lips and wrapped her arms around her neck.

"Good morning Skai." She just waved at Toni since her mouth is full with eggs.

Before Toni started to eat her food, she had to feed Everest. She took the dog food and placed it in a bowl along with some water. Walking to the back door she opened it and Everest came charging into the house. Passing Toni and her food, she went to Skai and her eyes went wide in fear. That's when Toni and Janet knew that Skai is afraid of dogs.

"Everest." Toni said so that she can leave Skai alone. She grabbed her collar and lead Everest to her food.

"Are you scared baby?" Skai nodded as she clung onto Janet, afraid that the dog would charge at her again. She loves small dogs but she's afraid of the bigger dogs. Especially when they are running toward her.

"Don't worry baby. She's a nice dog, she just wants to play with you."

"Everest this is Skai, Skai this is Everest." She trotted back to them and sat in front of Janet. She reluctantly pet Everest feeling her soft fur.

"See? She's nice right?" Toni asked and Skai nodded.

"I think we helped her get over her fear." Janet said to Toni who smiled.

***

"I think Whitney and Michael are coming over along with Paris."

"Oh my gosh. Skai is gonna freak out." Toni chuckled.

"Only one way to find out." The couple went into the living room and found Skai reading a book.

"Skai..." Janet called out for her and she turned her attention towards them.

"My brother, his wife and their daughter are coming over to see you."

'Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston?' Skai signed to them.

"Yup." Janet smiled as Skai jumped up and down. The doorbell rang and Toni spoke.

"I think that's them." She got up and walked to the front door. Opening it she saw the couple and Paris with gifts in their hands.