32

|Sean's POV|

"Oh, come on," Nick rolled his eyes, "you're a young fucker. She's a mother of two— what could she possibly do to you? Don't be so dramatic."

"Shut your little trap." I mumbled.

"Mom's gonna kill you if she finds out that you brought me to a club." He said with a smirk on his lips which made me groan.

"So you kissed Clarissa?" Athena asked, changing the subject completely. I stared at her with my brows furrowed then looked at Nick when he repeated her question, "you kissed Clarissa?"

"Who told you that?" I inquired, ignoring Nick's question.

"She did."

"And you believed her?" I let out a scoff when she nodded, "she was like oh his lips are so soft," she mimicked making me roll my eyes, "I didn't kiss her. I would never." If I had to be completely honest, Clarissa disgusted me.

"Whose lips are soft?" Nick asked, furrowing his brows as he looked up at us. "Whoever they are, mines are softer."

"I'm sure." Athena chuckled, bringing a hand to his hair before ruffling it making Nick scowl, slapping her hand away, "dude, you're gonna mess it up."

"Did he just call me dude?" She asked, her lips parted as surprise overcame her features. However, it was quickly replaced with excitement, "can I adopt you?"

"Depends," Nick faked thoughtfulness, "are you gonna let me do everything I want?"

"Yeah," she nodded and he grinned widely before nodding as well, "you've got yourself a deal."

"Alright, alright," I intervened, looking down at Nick, "I don't think she was serious kid." I turned to Athena, "so how are you gonna get home now that your car is ruined?" I asked, raising my brows at the deranged woman in front of me.

"I didn't think of that." She mumbled, shrugging, "I need to call Alessio to deal with the body."

"It's fine," I glanced at the dead body inside the car which was burnt, "I'll have my men deal with it."

"Great." She flashed me a smile as I took out my phone and quickly sent a message to someone. "Let's go. I'll drop you home."

"Okay." She muttered as I began walking towards my car with Nick's hand in mine. Opening the backdoor, Nick got in before I closed it. Then I slid into the driver's seat while Athena sat in the passenger seat which I didn't mind.

I started the car and began driving in the direction of her house where I've been recently for that damn party. The car ride there was completely silent until Athena decided to break it.

"So..." she started, glancing at me, "what's your plan to take down Joseph?"

"I'm not telling you," I responded curtly, "you're not getting involved in that shit."

"I'm already involved," she retorted, letting out a scoff as she did so, "that's my grandfather we're talking about and he happens to want me. So, yeah, that pretty much seems like I'm involved."

I glanced at the rearview mirror and found Nick sitting in the middle, his eyes narrowed and lips pursed in concentration as he listened to the words we were exchanging. When his eyes fell on the mirror, he instantly looked down and pretended as if he wasn't eavesdropping. "Do continue. Pretend I'm not here." He mumbled innocently, flashing me a smile.

I glanced at Athena, "whatever, I'm not telling you."

"Why not?" She huffed, shooting me a glare as she turned her head in my direction. I merely glanced at her, "because you're that thing—" I glanced at Nick again who was trying his best to pretend as if he wasn't listening, "—of his. If anything happens to you, he'll literally lose it. And I can't let that happen."

"Nothing's gonna happen to me." She stated, almost sure of herself, "and you'll be there to ensure my safety," she gave me a smirk as she said that which I ignored, "come on. So, when are we leaving for France?"

I sighed, keeping my eyes fixed on the road ahead as I considered what she said. "Is this whole thing just to spend time with me, darling?" I taunted which made her grin in response, "yeah, sure— whatever'll make you agree."

"Fine, if you wish to spend time with me so bad—" I paused, glancing at Nick again, "—then I guess I'll take you with me."

"Take me too then." He quickly blurted out, "I wanna spend time with you as well."

"No," I pulled the car to a stop, having reached Athena's house. She stepped out was about to close the door when Nick reminded, "Don't forget about my birthday party!"

"I won't."

"Good."