89

|Alessio's POV|

Sean texted me a few minutes ago, telling me to get my ass to the De Luca mansion where they were holding that Charity gala thing, saying it was important. So I made my way there and when I entered the place, it was surprisingly empty.

What the hell happened here?

Stepping inside, I walked over a body which made me look down to find my mom's eyes staring at me. Rest in peace, mother.

My face scrunched up in disgust before I pushed the body aside with my foot, watching as it rolled down the three steps stairs then I looked up directly at Sean, not bothering to look at at anyone else. "What is so important that—" I cut myself off when my eyes landed on a very familiar figure standing beside Lea as she stared at me with equal shock written all over her face.

"Thea?"

"Alessio," she breathed out, not taking her eyes off me.

Holy fucking shit.

She was here.

Alive.

So, Sean was not fucking with me.

"Oh my god," Thea flashed me a sad smile before she began making her way towards me while I stayed glued in my spot. I still could not believe that she was alive and walking towards me. It all felt surreal. "Hi," she said— somewhat shyly making my brows shoot up.

I looked at the others present in the room and they were staring at us with anticipation. Drama seeking idiots. Internally rolling my eyes, I grabbed Thea's hand and dragged her to one of the rooms in the place. She didn't say anything and allowed me to lead her to some private place where we could talk without all the eyes and ears.

Once we were in, I closed the door and leaned against it. "Hi?" I repeated her words earlier with a scoff, "that's what you have to say?"

She bit her bottom lip and lowered her head, looking down at the floor, "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I pursued, taking a step forward, "for faking your death? For not bothering to inform me about the plan? Or for letting me mourn the death of some other bitch? For what exactly are you sorry for?"

"Everything," she muttered, her voice just above a whisper. She was feeling guilty, I could tell.

"For three whole months—" I began, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves, "— I felt like complete shit. I didn't want to live without you. It was— It was hell."

"You think it was easy for me?" She finally looked up at me, her brows furrowed, "I was in danger. Everyone wanted me dead! The only way for me to stay alive was to... die. Trust me, there's not a single day that has gone by when I haven't thought of you. I am incredibly sorry for what I put you through—"

"— No, stop," I cut her off before she could continue as I ran a hand through my hair, "I'm sorry for not being able to protect you."

"You have nothing to apologize for, really. None of that was your fault. How did you find out?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side, "I mean, you didn't look surprised when you saw me so I'm guessing you already knew."

"The Spanish mafia leader, Matt— something told me that you were alive long before Athena and Sean got to him." I revealed, my mind going back to weeks ago when I received a call from him, telling me to come meet him saying that it was very important.

Since I was bored and I had nothing to do, I went to meet the fucker. What he had to tell me was unbelievable and shocking— I did not want to believe him but I did when he proved to me that Thea's supposedly dead body was not hers. He told me to Athena's involvement. I waited for a few more weeks, kept close eyes on Athena and the things I saw... Damn. Then I went to Sean, knowing damn well he knew something that I didn't.

And true enough, he did. He told me that Thea was alive after much convincing. He was not willing to break the promise he made to Athena but when I told him that Matthew– something told me, he gave up and spilled the whole thing because I already knew half of it. 

"Wow—" she cleared her throat, her eyes looking at anywhere but me. Her awkwardness made me smirk, "come on, princess, it's only been a few months, don't tell me you've gone all shy on me now. Aren't you gonna hug me or anything?"

"You haven't changed," she mumbled, finally smiling before she took a large step towards me and wrapped her arms around me. I instantly relaxed into her arms, feeling a familiar warmth that I've longed for all this time. I hugged her back tighter, pulling her closer. "Fuck, I've missed you." I muttered into her hair, "I've missed you so god damn much."

"I've missed you too," she nuzzled her face in the crook of my neck, "I love you, you know that right?"

I've been dying to hear her say those words again. "I love you way much more and I always will," I broke the hug and stared at her while still keeping her body close to mine— our faces inches apart, "all those flowers I left at your grave on a daily basis proves that." She let out a chuckle at that.

I leaned down and captured her soft lips in mine. I've missed doing that. She didn't waste time in kissing me back, our lips moving in sync as I pulled her as close as possible.

"I'm never leaving you alone or letting you go anywhere without me again," I spoke in between the kiss, "get that straight."

"I kinda like the sound of that," she smiled, her hands going to my hair as she tugged on them earning the slightest groan from me. God, I missed that feeling. "And I'm not planning on going anywhere."

________________

This chapter was on Alessio and Thea because yeah :)) Hope you liked the chapter. More coming soon! The story's about to end anyway. Good day <3