50

Sean's POV

Joseph was clearly violating the rules for involving clean CEOs in the crime industry. I knew those two names on that file all too well; Jim Walter and Samuel Denver. These men were as clean as one could get— their companies were clean. They weren't involved into shady business.

If Joseph wanted to make some sort of stupid contract with them— then that meant that he has informed them of his actual work, that of being the French Mafia Leader and if he wanted them to go against me and the others then that meant that he must've told them about us too.

Well fuck.

"Why are you involving those CEOs in this?" I asked, dropping the whole Mr Williams act. "Are you suicidal or some shit?"

Not bothering to reply to my question, his hand reached out to his waistband and the second he tried to move it further, I was quick to react, removing my own gun and pointing it to his head. "One move and you're dead."

I heard a gasp coming from behind me which made me glance behind to find Athena holding a gun in the other man's man as well. I looked back at Joseph, keeping close eyes on his every movement as I asked Athena, "where the hell did you get a gun?"

"That's your gun," her reply came making me furrow my brows, my other hand reaching out to my waistband and felt nothing, my other gun wasn't there. "When did you steal it?"

"I didn't steal it, I'm just borrowing it," she responded as the other man came and sat beside Joseph on the table by her orders. I rolled my eyes, glancing at her while she was now standing beside me, "okay, when did you borrow it?"

"When we were kissing," she replied bluntly making my brows shoot up. I opened my mouth to say something however before I could, she beat me to it, questioning Joseph, "I believe he asked you a question."

"Because I want," Joseph hissed, anger clear in his voice, "I can do whatever the hell I want. I can involve whoever the fuck I want and that's none of your businesses! Who the hell are you pe—"  he cut himself off when the other man nudged him lightly.

Turning to him, Joseph raised his brows, "what do you want, Rob? Can't you see we're in the middle of dying here?!"  

"It's him." The other man, Rob, whispered, his eyes widening with fear as he spoke. Joseph frowned in confusion, "him? What do you mean, him? Can you be any more brief?"

"That's definitely my mom's father," Athena leaned in and whispered,  "she was as slow as he is."

"That's him!" Rob snapped, pointing to me, "Sean Blackwood for fuck's sake! Can you be any more dumb?"

"Sean Blackwood as in the American Mafia leader?" Joseph asked with a scoff, "yeah right. I think I would've known if he was in my fucking mansion, Rob."

"Damn, you really are dumb," Athena voiced out her thoughts, tilting her head to the side as she stared at her so called grandfather, "you know... your daughter took after you."

"My dau—what the hell are you talking ab—" Joseph's eyes widened as realisation dawned upon him, "Athena?" 

"Surprise, surprise," she grinned with an evil smirk tugging at her lips, "took you long enough." Joseph stared at her for a good ten seconds before he flickered his eyes to me, "Sean."

"Finally," I muttered, taking off my mask— gotta be dramatic sometimes. Athena followed my actions and took off hers as well making Joseph stare at her with what I think was awe present in his features, "wow... you haven't changed. You look exactly like your mother."

"Yeah," Athena scrunched up her nose in disgust, shaking her head, "no, I don't. But okay, whatever."

"You two are stupid if you think you'll be getting out of this place alive." Rob spoke, clenching his jaw as he did so. "There are guards everywhere and you know what? This room has cameras and our men are probably on their way right now."

"Probably," I repeated, "even you're not sure about whatever shit you're saying. But you know what? Your men are no longer alive. My men are the ones surrounding your little mansion, acting as yours since like two days ago." I looked at Joseph, "your whole ‘change security every two days’ thing came as an advantage."

His eyes widened at that, "how do you even know about that? How did you know where I live? How do you know—" for like the third time that night, he cut himself off, letting out a shaky breath, "—you have the flash drive." He shot Athena an accusing look, "bitch. You killed your own mother and sister— who the hell does that?"

"Me," she pointed out with a blank look on her face, "they asked for it. Now I'm going to kill you as well— once I take back what's mine, of course."

"And what exactly is yours?" Joseph asked, crossing his arms as he tried to pretend like us holding him at gunpoint didn't faze him yet the fear was evident in his eyes. He knew he had no way out.

"Your mafia," Athena smirked, "it's my right, isn't it? Since I'm your granddaughter and all."

"I'm never handing them over to you." Joseph spoke, shaking his head earning a humourless chuckle from the woman beside me, "you don't have a choice. Once you're dead, it's mine."

I shot the man beside him dead, a bullet right in between his eyes. Rob's body fell backwards on the table, blood pouring out of his wound. Joseph flinched, letting out a small gasp as he turned to me, "why did you do that?!"

"He wasn't important," I responded, stuffing my gun in my waistband as Athena already had a gun pointed at him. "Now let's talk, you and I."