42

I didn't know how or when it happened but Sean and I were sitting next to each other with an episode of supernatural playing on his laptop.

Two hours had gone by since we boarded the plane and I have been dying of boredom until I saw Sean watching a movie so I decided to sit next to him and watch along with him.

He didn't say anything; he didn't tell me to go away or did he move. Instead, he shifted a little closer and allowed me to watch. He even increased the volume. Thirty minutes later, my head was literally on his shoulder as we both watched the show in silence.

I was tired for I didn't know what reason and sleepy as hell but I wanted to watch that show and find out how the hell they were going to take down whatever that thing was. However, my eyes began to close slowly and before I knew it, I drifted of to sleep.

Sean's POV

I was watching the show when I heard Athena let out mumblings under her breath from beside me. She had her head on my shoulder which surprisingly didn't bother me. As I looked at her, I saw that she was sleeping.

Her lips were moving and words I couldn't understand were leaving her mouth. They were in english but too quiet and fast for me to hear.

I paused my show and placed my laptop on the blank space on my other side carefully, without moving too much as I didn't want to wake her up.

I wanted to shake her and wake her up for fun but I didn't. I would have if she didn't so fucking peaceful.

Her body held a certain stiffness as it ready to wake up and defend itself if there was any noise or movement. How was I supposed to move her without waking her up?

Sighing, I leaned my head back on the headrest as I stared at the ceiling of the plane, thinking of the whole mission thing.

What I told Athena was serious. We couldn't afford to fuck this up. This was our only opportunity.

I haven't told anyone about our little problem, not even Enzo knowing that he would want to include himself and fuck my plans up— he had a tendency to do that.

Neither did I inform Alessio. He would want to be part of it but I think that he had enough on his plate already. He was still coping up with Thea's death although he wouldn't show it but he was hurting. If he was to take part of my plan, he would act irrationally— he hasn't been thinking straight lately.

All his decisions are taken out of anger or fear and I couldn't let someone who was visibly grieving be part of this mission of mine. The mere mention of Thea would set him off and I couldn't risk that.

That didn't mean that I was not hurting. I'd still miss Thea every fucking day. She was my sister, the only family I had left and she fucking died. Sometimes, I couldn't help but think whether I'm jinxed or something. Why was it that all my family died but I'm the only one who's still alive? Is there something wrong with me?

I truly had nobody to call my own.

How fucking sad is that?

I scoffed at the thought just as my eyes fell on Athena. Strands of her black hair fell on her face, covering part of it which made my hand shoot out on its own and before I knew it, I pushed the strands away from her face.

I frowned at my action. Why the hell did I do that? Was I going sick or something?

Athena Fucking Romano— or Greene, or whatever her name was. She has been invading my mind ever since I met her. What was that supposed to mean? That I like her or something? I've been thinking of her— a little more than I'd like to admit.

When I was informed that Clarissa Greene's throat was slit in her own house, I instantly knew who was responsible for it. I was slightly confused when the news said that it was done by her psychotic ex boyfriend— Athena told them that.

Apparently, Athena was so sad by the loss of her sister that she decided to close the Greene company, which automatically went to her, for a while. She said and I quote, 'I can't handle a company right now. I'm going to need a lot of time,' that was what she told the reporters.

Who would think that the girl who was currently dozed off on my shoulders, looking as innocent as ever was actually a somewhat psychotic girl?