79

WARNING : THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTIONS OF RAPE.
_______________

|Athena's POV|

"Wake up for me, darling. It's just a bad dream," Sean's voice reached out to my head. His soothing and calming voice made me calm down. I had never been so damn grateful to hear his voice.

My heartbeat slowed down, I could feel myself returning to reality as I slowly opened my eyes to find the familiar pair of grey ones staring at me with concern filled in them.

Without thinking twice, I sat up straight and wrapped my arms around him, desperate for some sort of comfort. He would've fallen back had he not used his other hand to support him from behind. He stood up and sat beside me without removing me from him.

I couldn't stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

I've never cried in front of someone in years. But this time I had to. I couldn't help it. I was terrified.

Sean didn't hesitate to wrap his arms back around me, pulling me closer as he rested his head on the top of mine while my face was buried in the crook of his neck. "Are you okay?"

I opened my mouth to reply but no words came out. I was unable to speak for some reason. My throat was throating. I was unable to stop the tears from falling from my eyes.

Upon my silence, he brought his hand to my hair and slowly ran his hand through, "it's gonna be all right. I'm here."

He's here

When was the last time someone had been there for me? Granted, Alessio was my brother, he helped me a lot but he had never truly been there for me.

I found myself snugging closer to Sean, biting my lips to prevent a sob from escaping.

My dream flashed in front of my eyes again.

I was back there again— in my room, the door locked. I was lying on my bed, my clothes torn and several men hovering over me. I was too scared to count. My heart was hammering against my chest, I was scared it would break out.

I didn't know what was happening.

I was scared.

So damn terrified.

Why were they staring at me like that?

They were looking at me, with their eyes filled with hunger. Like... they wanted to eat me. I was a twelve year old girl who had no idea what sex meant whatsoever. But I knew enough to know that these men were going to do very bad things to me.

They had sickening grins on their faces, a look of victory along with desire in their eyes. Like they just won a prize.

That's when it started.

I began to feel rough hands on my body. Everywhere. I was trashing against them, screaming and crying but there was no one there.

No one could hear me.

They were holding my hand above my head, I was completely exposed to them.

Their hands felt so cold against my skin. I had tears streaming down my face. Then I felt something wet. They had their lips and tongues on me. Everywhere.

I wanted to die.

Hands began playing with my hair, pulling it and turning my neck to the side. That was when I felt a pair of cold lips on my neck. Voices whispering words I was too busy trembling in fear to understand.

The dream felt so real.

Like it was happening all over again.

I only squeezed my eyes shut and clung to Sean tighter. I couldn't stop the small cry that managed to come out.

"Stop thinking about it," he said softly, moving a hand under my chin to make me look at him. "It's only going to make it worse." I didn't even bother to ask him how he knew. I couldn't care less.

"I can't," I whispered, allowing more tears to fall, "it keeps playing in front of my eyes like a damn movie. It haunts me." How did Thea do it?

"Yes, you can," he brought his hand up and wiped the tears with his thumb, "you're one of the strongest woman I know, all right? You're not going to break down because of some bad memory— think about your good ones."

"Like?"

"I don't know, maybe like all the great times you spent with me?" He asked with a small frown, "come on, you didn't even consider me. You're breaking my heart, woman."

"You're so dramatic," I retorted with a small roll of my eyes, "and I didn't know you had a heart to begin with."

"I do have a heart," he threw an arm around my shoulder, leaning back in the couch while my head was on his chest, "I just rarely show it off."

"You just rarely show it off," I repeated, furrowing my brows at that. What even— "that's not making sense to me, idiot. But I guess you do have your asshole reputation to maintain."

"You love me anyway," he sighed dramatically, his other hand reaching out to mine which was resting on his chest as he trailed his finger on the back of it.

"Someone's delusional," I muttered, my sentence feeling bitter on my tongue. I was totally lying. Shit.

"You're the one who loves me here." I said, smiling even though he couldn't see me. "Someone's delusional," he repeated my words from earlier, his grip slightly tightening around me.

"Lets talk about your minions wallpaper, yeah?" He went to grab my phone which was placed on the table in front of us. He switched it on and I watched as my wallpaper came into view. "Look at this," he muttered, "you're such a child, Athena."

"At least it's not Yoda," I rolled my eyes as I remembered seeing his wallpaper being that green alien thing. "Is that it's name?"

"It's better than Bob," he scoffed, tossing my phone on the nearest couch. "Anything is better than him."

"I love him."

"Child."

"Shut it," I sighed, allowing his warmth to envelop me as I found myself falling asleep again. I was tired. And it was all because of him.

"Go back to sleep," he moved a little to make himself comfortable, "I'll be right here." And that was how I found myself falling asleep in Sean's arms.

___________________

Sorry for the late updates.

Sean's probably the best man I've ever created like wow. 💀

Anyways Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'm probably not going to update for a while because of school and all that. Thank you for understanding. I appreciate all the support! <3