96

|Sean's POV|

You know that feeling when you're happy and you can't help but think that something wrong's gonna happen?

That's exactly how I was feeling when I held Athena closer to me in fear that if I let go, she'd disappear. She was deep asleep, exhausted after our late night activity. Her head was on my chest while my arms were wrapped around her. 

We were happy— too happy. It felt real but at the same time, it didn't. Yet I told myself not to think about it too much.

I didn't want to think of a life without the woman in my arms, sleeping at the moment. The whole thing felt illegal. Athena had become a part of me, she was one of the most important person in my life.

She was my family. While most mafia leaders would say that their mafia's their family, there was no way I'd say that. These people, they would do anything for money and I mean anything. Like I've probably said before, you can't really trust them.

The world had a funny way of working. People who you thought was loyal to you would literally betray you for the right amount of cash.

So I wasn't surprised when I received a text from Enzo two hours ago, telling me that someone has somehow managed to hack into his personal device and stolen all the important information from his mafia along with mine's and Alessio's. Stuff that could be used against us. 

The 'I can take this to the authorities— Government and sue you guys' kinda use.

Not that anything would really happen to us. We were far too powerful to be stopped. We had people everywhere; the FBI, CIA, Government— because one could never be too careful.

But my company was a whole different story. To the world, Sean Blackwood— I— was one of the most successful CEOs to have ever existed. If words get out that I'm the leader of a freaking mafia, I would not only make less money because who'd wanna deal with someone involved in illegal shit? People would be wary of me but I'd also have to watch my back constantly— more than I already do.

Whoever did that was someone on the inside— someone he trusted. And whoever that piece of shit was, he was good. Like really good.

Enzo had told me not to worry about it since he was dealing with the situation at hand. I couldn't sleep as I was waiting for his text, needing reassurance that everything was going to be all right. I was dying with anticipation.

My phone which was I had placed on the nightstand earlier started vibrating. My other hand instantly reached out to it and brought it close to my face to see who was crazy enough to be calling at three in the fucking morning although I already knew who it was.

Alessio.

"What's up?" was the first question that flew out of my mouth.

"Dude," he drawled out and let out a sigh after, "I can't sleep. I haven't told Thea about our small problem, have you told Athena?"

"No," I couldn't bring myself to tell her and have her worried about something that was probably not even a big deal even though deep down, I knew it was. Our lives would forever change if information like that gets out there. Our enemies would not miss this golden opportunity to strike, never. "We need to find that motherfucker."