From Bounty to Hunter (Story 1 - Chapter 3)

With Dexx: 

The Anglerfish demon had found the bakery that Venno had told him to check first, so he had been on the rooftop across the street from it and watched as several denizens entered and left for the last hour or so. 

Considering the bakery was under new management, from what Venno had heard, the name had still remained the same. 

Mother Henrietta’s Bakery, and the logo below the name was of a Chicken demoness holding a pastry. 

Dexx still couldn’t believe that his first bounty that he was hunting on his own just happened to be the son of Venno’s first bounty. 

Then again, Venno had asked Scott to find a good bounty that was in the city, and the Possum demon just so happened to choose the Rooster demon. 

But again, the Possum demon was told to choose an older bounty that had yet to be caught. 

Dexx shook his head, the Anglerfish demon knowing it wasn’t Scott’s fault that he had chosen the Rooster demon for Dexx’s first hunt.

Dexx quickly took the wanted poster out of his backpack, the Anglerfish demon quickly reading through and seeing that he was wanted either dead or alive. 

The Anglerfish demon sighed as he put the wanted poster back into his backpack. 

It would all depend if the Rooster demon was willing to come in, or if he was going to try and make a run for it. 

Dexx couldn’t help but chuckle, the Anglerfish demon knowing how it felt to be the one chased after, and now he was the one who would most likely be doing the chasing. 

The Anglerfish demon took a deep breath and sighed, calming his nerves and preparing himself for what might happen. 

Jumping down from the roof of the building, Dexx’s jet boots activated and slowed his descent, allowing him to land on the ground gently before walking across the street. 

Walking into the bakery, Dexx could see that the place was mostly empty, meaning there was no one inside. 

“Hello, how may I help you?” asked the Rooster demon behind the counter dully, his hair covering one of his eyes. 

Despite having helped his parents before they were caught, the Rooster demon didn’t seem to be that interested in managing the bakery. It was as if he didn’t even want to do anything, especially since he looked pretty young, maybe a kid in his late teens. 

Dexx cleared his throat as he walked over to the counter, the Anglerfish demon lifting his goggles so they were resting on his forehead. 

“My name is Dexx Angle, and I’m with the Bounty Hunter Agency” began Dexx, the Anglerfish demon about to say that he was with the Bounty Hunter Agency when the Rooster demon suddenly gasped and interrupted him. 

The Rooster demon’s eyes widened in shock when he heard this. 

“Wait, you’ve been sent by the Bounty Hunter Agency to bring me in?” asked the Rooster demon, his head tilting in confusion. 

Dexx nodded, the Anglerfish demon glancing around and half expecting the Rooster demon to try and make a run for it. 

“Yeah, now you can come with me willingly or we can do this the hard way” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon deciding to say what Venno normally would. 

The Rooster demon just stared at him blankly before shrugging. 

“Sure, why not? Just don’t make this too long. I’ve got to return to work soon, and I don’t want to miss the rush” said the Rooster demon as he took his apron off and hung it up on the hook beside the counter.