The Spider's Broken Web (Story 6 - Chapter 1)

With Venno: 

It had maybe been a few weeks since they had arrived back from their rescue mission with Barry, and the Pomeranian demoness had done everything she could have done to avoid talking to Venno about being part Hound. 

Fiona had decided to take a two week vacation, the same amount of time Venno had given Barry to take off considering the Wolf Hound demon had been held hostage by those Plant demons in New Strip City. 

Venno understood that Fiona wanted to spend some more time with Barry, considering what happened and to make sure he was doing alright, but the Velociraptor demoness also had a feeling that it had something to do with the talk she was expecting. 

Venno was currently sitting at her desk, waiting for the arrival of Fiona, the Pomeranian demoness coming back from her vacation with Barry, although the Wolf Hound demon would be taking care of some paperwork with Scott down in the Library after having been off for a while. 

The Wolf Hound demon had specifically requested that he be filled in with every bounty that had been brought in and what happened to them afterwards, the Wolf Hound demon taking his job as Head Bounty Hunter seriously. 

Venno quickly glanced over at where Dexx was sitting, the Anglerfish demon having decided to remain by her side instead of hunting bounties considering she was getting real close to giving birth, and he didn’t want to worry about getting called back from a hunt when he could have been with her to ensure she and the baby were alright. 

The Anglerfish demon was currently reading through something on his phone, having been silent the entire time they were waiting for Fiona to come up to the office. 

Curious, Venno tilted her head to the side. 

“Hey Dexx, what are you reading?” asked Venno, the Velociraptor demoness curious. 

Dexx, having been so focused on what he had been reading, jumped in fright before sighing in relief. 

“Sorry, I’m just trying to decide on what the two of us could do for our honeymoon once we get married. We’ve been so busy and worried about your pregnancy and stuff going on here at the Bounty Hunter Agency, that we barely even planned anything for our wedding. I thought that maybe I should book us at least something for the honeymoon” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon smiling lightly as he shrugged. 

Venno perked up when she heard this, the Velociraptor demoness chuckling. 

“Well, I’ll let you be the one to choose then. I’d like for it to be a surprise, if that’s alright with you” said Venno, the Velociraptor demoness knowing Dexx would choose the most romantic thing for the two of them, and she would like for it to be a surprise since it could literally be anything. 

Dexx chuckled and nodded, the Anglerfish demon returning his attention back down to his phone. 

“Well, that’s good because I have something on my mind. You’ll just have to find out after our wedding” said Dexx, the Anglerfish demon smirking. 

Venno was about to say something when she was suddenly startled by the sound of someone knocking on her doors, causing both her and Dexx to turn their attention to it. 

“Come in” called Venno, the Velociraptor demoness having a feeling who it could be, considering she also recognized the style of knock the demoness used. 

Quickly entering and shutting the door, Fiona worriedly came over and took a seat on one of the chairs in front of Venno’s desk. 

She was wearing her usual work outfit, a gray woman’s blazer with a matching mini skirt and a pair of small heels, her hair and fur neatly combed.