The Dimmed Lights of Love (Story 9 - Chapter 3)

With Venno:

The Velociraptor demoness landed on the ground with ease, having just run along the rooftops in order to get to Roxxane’s apartment faster as opposed to running along the vastly busy streets, the time having just struck rush hour. 

In her arms, Elvira was cheering, the young Velociraptor Angler demoness having felt the exciting rush of the wind blowing past her and her mother on their way to the location of the apartments. 

“Alright, let me see” muttered Venno, the Velociraptor demoness pulling Scott’s tablet out of her purse, managing to keep her daughter held firmly in one arm while managing to input Scott’s password with her other hand. 

Having quickly checked the name of the apartment, and confirming that she was at the correct one, Venno quickly glanced at the floor and apartment number listed before turning off the tablet and putting it back into her purse. 

“Alright, Elvira, let’s see if Roxxane is at home” said Venno, the Velociraptor demoness quickly adjusting her hold on her daughter so she was sitting more comfortably in her arms. 

Elvira just smiled and nodded in agreement and understanding, the young Velociraptor Angler demoness hugging her mother’s neck. 

Having walked across the street and into the apartment building, Venno took a moment to glance around and see that the place looked pretty well taken care of. It wasn’t newly modern like the newer apartment buildings that had been built up since her arrival into the city, but it also wasn’t old and decrepit like the apartment buildings that were located in the east side of the city, those buildings having been one of the first to be built. 

This building, looking a little old and vintage on the outside, appeared to be somewhat modernized and newly renovated on the inside, something that the city had started doing to some of its apartment buildings in order to bring in more tenants. 

And Roxxane appeared to be one of them, the Neon demoness having just started tenancy in the apartments recently, not long before the breakup. 

Venno frowned and shook her head, the Velociraptor demoness deciding to continue on and get down to what she was doing there in the first place. 

To get some answers from one of her friends and see why she had ended her relationship with her longtime boyfriend. 

Walking over to the front desk, Venno stood there for a solid minute waiting for the receptionist to finally acknowledge her and her daughter before finally getting impatient enough to the point where her large toe claw began tapping the smooth tile floor. 

“Oh, sorry. I didn’t see you there. What can I do for you?” asked the Persian Cat demoness, her outfit and makeup appearing more emo in style despite the obvious dress code with the uniform. 

Venno frowned, but decided it would just be best not to fight it. 

“That’s fine, I’m just here visiting a friend of mine. I know her apartment and floor number, I’m just wondering if there were any sign in rules before visiting seeing as how this apartment had a receptionist” said Venno, the Velociraptor demoness smiling politely, but it was still clear that she was getting a little impatient. 

“Oh, no. They just have me here for no reason whatsoever other than to answer questions. Go ahead and take the elevator to your right” said the Cat demoness, waving a lazy hand over in the direction of the elevator while at the same time putting her earbuds back into her ears, something that Venno did not realize she had removed. 

“Ok then…thanks…I guess” muttered Venno, the Velociraptor demoness taking a moment to glance down at her big toe claws, now wondering if their tapping was that loud to begin with, considering the Cat demoness had her earbuds in or if she had been spotted from her peripheral.