The Unraveled Web (Story 2 - Chapter 2)

With Venno: 

The Velociraptor demoness was sitting on a barstool at the counter, her arms crossed as she watched Arachnè lock the front door after having asked the last of the customers to leave. 

Arachnè sighed as she kept a hand on the glass door, the Black Widow demoness hesitant and unsure if this interrogation was even a good idea. 

Venno scowled, her patience running thin, but she was able to remain calm as Scott took note of Arachnè’s hesitant behavior. 

“I get why you want to know what happened, Rapter, but does Scott really have to be here to witness and take notes?” asked Jerry, the Spider demon having bandaged his hand after having burned it from crushing his cigar. 

The Spider demon had lit a new cigarette, and this time he knew he had to be careful not to get angry and crush it considering he no longer wore his leather gloves like he used to. 

Scott just chuckled, the Possum demon smiling lazily as he looked over at Jerry. 

“Sorry boss, but Venno’s my new boss. To be fair, I do feel a little guilty that she found it since we were both organizing the library. I probably should have organized it a lot earlier, but what can I say? I was lazy and a teen at the time” said Scott, the Possum demon shrugging as he smiled. 

Jerry just frowned, the Spider demon taking a quick puff from his cigarette. 

“Yet you still call me the boss” muttered Jerry, the Spider demon deciding to glance away. 

“Can we just begin this interrogation already? Arachnè, please come over so we can start” said Venno, the Velociraptor demoness finally getting impatient with the lack of explanation as to why her friend had a bounty. 

Arachnè sighed, the Black Widow demoness nodding as she turned and walked over to stand behind the counter. 

“Alright, I understand. We’ll explain everything from the very beginning” said Arachnè, the Black Widow closing her eyes and preparing herself for whatever Venno may ask. 

Venno nodded, the Velociraptor demoness tapping the wanted poster on the counter. 

“Alright. Let’s start from the beginning. I want to know how you and Jerry know each other, and what kind of relationship you both had” began Venno, the Velociraptor demoness frowning as Scott began taking notes. 

Arachnè glanced over at Jerry, the Spider demon taking a quick puff from his cigarette before sighing and nodding.

Arachnè nodded in understanding before sighing. 

“Well, how should I explain this? When I first dropped in, I wasn’t always a bar owner. Infact, I used to be a Bounty Hunter as well. One of the best, being mentored by the best” began Arachnè, the Black Widow demoness shutting her eyes and remembering everything that had happened. 

Flashback Begin: 

“So, you want to be a Bounty Hunter, huh?” asked one of the Bounty Hunters who had been tasked with interviewing new denizens who wanted to be Bounty Hunters. 

A young Black Widow demoness, around the age of twenty, frowned and nodded. 

“Yes, I would like to join. I used to be a Bounty Hunter back when I was alive, but as you can see, I’m here now. I’d like to continue with what I know” said the Black Widow demoness. 

The Bounty Hunter hummed in thought and nodded. 

Twenty years ago, there was no Bounty Hunter Agency, meaning all Bounty Hunters had to meet in an old office room that barely had enough room for all Bounty Hunters everywhere.