The Dimmed Lights of Love (Story 9 - Chapter 4)

With Dexx: 

The Anglerfish demon hummed in thought as he hung up, having just spoken to his wife. 

It was a very plausible theory as to why Roxxane would break up with DJ, the Neon demoness wanting to get married and start a family, having grown sick and tired of living the same life as just a girlfriend and would like to move forward into the next stages of life. 

Like himself and Venno had, the two having slept together, had their daughter and got married shortly after. 

Everything had flown by so quickly that it almost seemed natural, like they had done it before, perhaps even in another lifetime. 

Dexx chuckled and shook his head, the Anglerfish demon liking the idea of him and Venno being soulmates, the two’s lives being intertwined together no matter what lifetime they’ve lived through. 

That’s now he felt, anyway, and he thinks that perhaps Venno may have had the same idea near the end, the Velociraptor demoness having finally accepted the fact that what she and Dexx shared was real and wasn’t just a trick to keep escaping from her. 

The Anglerfish demon shook his head, deciding to get back to the task at hand. 

He was currently standing outside in the hallway, having taken DJ to one of the dressing rooms where guest performers could prepare before a show. 

It was where DJ said Roxxane had gone to change before returning to break up with him, having changed into something else entirely. 

From what DJ had seen, Roxxane had changed into something more darker themed with a couple of bright neon accessories. It was a change from her regular, completely neon, outfit that she had always worn. 

That gave Dexx the hint that Roxxane was ready for a change, and she wanted to see if DJ would, too. 

Knocking on the door, Dexx’s ears twitched when he heard the faint ‘come in’ from the other side. 

Entering the dressing room, Dexx smiled when he saw that the Neon demon had, indeed, changed into something new entirely. 

“Well, it looks like you’ve finally decided to change it up a bit, huh?” asked Dexx, the Anglerfish demon crossing his arms and leaning against the door frame. 

The Neon demon was now wearing a black leather vest with a neon blue lapel, the zipper done midway up to his chest, one side of the bottom hem being longer than the other for a more asymmetrical look. He was also wearing a pair of black jeans with the hems rolled up a few inches above his ankles, a pair of dark gray socks underneath with a pair of black basketball sneakers with neon blue accents. His belt was a bright neon teal, on both arms were a pair of neon green elbow length arm warmers, and his dark gray bandana worn around his neck. 

DJ sighed as he examined himself in the full length mirror, the Neon demon looking unsure and a little uncomfortable with what he was now wearing. 

“I don’t know, I mean…we’re Neon demons. Does wearing something darker themed still make us ‘neon’ themed? I mean, it’s our whole gig, right? We’re Neon demons who own a dance club called ‘The Neon Lights’. What would our fans and patrons say when they see that we’ve changed into darker themed outfits with not that much ‘neon’ theme to it?” asked DJ, the Neon demon looking as though he were about to have a panic attack just at the thought of how angry his dance club patrons would be just at the sight of their idols changing outfits. 

Dexx frowned as he listened to this, the Anglerfish demon giving the Neon demon a blank glare through the reflection of the mirror. 

Rolling his eyes and sighing in annoyance, knowing he had to change DJ’s mind about changing if he wanted to win back his ex-girlfriend.