Chapter 12

It was seven in the evening, and Timothy, Gwen, and Coovers decided to make camp for the night. Timothy spent the ride from Turffield thinking about his meeting with Ezria and how strong she was during their double battle. It was clear to him that the raspberry-haired woman wasn't someone to take lightly in battle, unlike Venarge. Ezria would want him to battle her aggressively again the next time they faced each other in battle. There was no question about it. Even though stopping Chairman Rose was the most important thing, Timothy saw Ezria as the main threat to winning the Championship Cup, and he felt he was at a disadvantage by only now learning things like Farfetch'd having a Galarian form along with an evolved form, and the powerful move, Solar Blade. With all that in mind, Timothy wanted to use the Gym Challenge and the World Coronation Series to battle as many trainers as possible to grow stronger and see as many new Pokémon as possible to be better prepared for Ezria.

After the group set up their tents, Gwen began making stew under the campfire while Timothy and Coovers set up the table and placed Pokemon bowls on the ground with Electchu's help. While filling up the bowls with Pokemon food, Timothy filled Coovers in on what happened during his encounter with Ezria.

"So, I said, 'Begging your pardon, ma'am, but I've put a lot of arrogant trainers in their place. I'm afraid telling me one of them is your brother doesn't narrow it down much.'"

"Ha! I love it," Coovers said. "It gives her the impression that you're very powerful, and it's a little true. We're getting incredibly lucky with Ezria admiring you so much."

"No kidding," Timothy said. "She is very passionate about expressing how much she appreciates freeing all Psychic type Pokémon. Especially considering she would give me one of her Pokémon to show her appreciation."

"No argument there," Coovers said. "Come to think of it, does she have any Psychic type Pokémon?"

Timothy frowned and thought about it for a second before he answered, "You know, I don't think she mentioned having one."

"So, she doesn't have any Pokémon you freed from Team Rocket's control, and yet she's your biggest fan?" Coovers asked.

"Looks that way," Timothy said.

"Huh. Interesting," Coovers said before he shrugged. "Well, if you've gained her attention without recusing any of her Pokémon, that's fine with me. After all, getting to Eternatus is the most important thing."

"Agreed," Timothy said before he looked away with a concerned look. "Although, I can't help but worry how Ezria will react if she discovers we're using her. I can live with Chairman Rose finding out when we stop him, but Ezria is so friendly that that I worry about how she will feel."

"Well, maybe we can get her to understand that what the chairman is doing is wrong," Coovers said.

"I certainly hope so," Timothy said. "If we can convince Ezria to help us and maybe even talk the chairman out of carrying out his plan, it would make our job easier."

"We can only hope," Coovers said.

"Raichu," Electchu agreed.

"Hey, quit standing around talking, you too. Dinner is ready," Gwen called out.

"Yes, ma'am," Timothy replied before he and Coovers took out their Pokéballs. "Everyone, come on out!"

They tossed their Pokéballs into the air, and they opened to review Poliwrath, Odyssey, Shockwave, Blitzwing, Knightblade, Samurott, Krookodile, Chandelure, Klinklang, Braviary, and Zoroark. Poliwrath, Odyssey, Shockwave, and Blitzwing looked at the Pokémon food happily with empty stomachs until they noticed Knightblade floating next to them. The Royal Sword Pokémon grew uneasy with how Timothy's other Pokemon stared at it in confusion until Timothy stood next to it.