Chapter 65

Author's Note: Before you guys read the last chapter, I should clarify that this takes place a little over a year after the events of chapter 85 of the first book. So, since this brings up multiple things regarding what that chapter revealed for many beloved characters, it would be a good idea to read that again as a refresher before reading this last chapter.

Chapter 65

The sun was shining through the blinds of the guest bedroom. Coovers laid on his back, snoring with his mouth wide open. His wife, Erin, slept on her side with her back to Coovers. The clock on the stand read 10:30. The sunlight shining through the window hit Emery's eyes, and she whimpered before rolling over to Coovers's side. Coovers chuckled in his sleep, and he pulled Erin to him.

"Oh, my Erin-perin-debrin-Oran-Berry-pie," he muttered.

Erin let out a high-pitched giggle and squeezed Coovers as she buried her face in his chest.

"Oh, my Coover-woover-hoover-jelly-biscuit," she whispered.

Coovers chuckled again as he squeezed Erin back. As they slept in bliss, the bedroom door opened and a Cufant quietly walked over to the sleeping couple. It took a deep breath and let out a loud trumpet that nearly jumped Coovers and Erin out of their skins. Coovers and Erin breathed heavily, sitting up and still holding each other as they turned their heads to see Cufant giggling and Timothy standing behind it with a smirk.

"Timbo, why did you have to do that?" Coovers whined.

"Because if I let you guys sleep in, we'll have trouble setting up before the guests arrive," Timothy said.

"Meanie," Erin said. "I think Gwen has become a bad influence on you."

"If you say so. Now, come on. We've saved just enough pancakes for you to have breakfast before we get started," Timothy said.

Coovers and Erin groaned and reluctantly let go of each other to change out of their pajamas and take turns showering. Timothy put Cufant back into its Pokéball before we left the bedroom and went downstairs to the kitchen. Odyssey and Shockwave were helping Gwen clean the kitchen after cooking pancakes. Timothy and Gwen's 4-year-old son, Christopher, and Coovers and Erin's 10-year-old triplet sons, Scrooge, Bob, and Marley, were playing in the living room with the triplets' Pokémon. After turning ten, the older boys had recently become trainers, with the family going to Erin's home region, Alola, to get their first Pokémon. Scrooge got a Litten, Bob got a Rowlet, and Marley got a Popplio. Coovers and Erin's 2-year-old girl, Ashley, and Timothy and Gwen's daughter, Judy, were in their highchairs eating their breakfast.

Timothy walked through the kitchen to the sliding glass door leading to the backyard. The backyard was five acres of land with a fence between it and the forest on the other side. While Electchu and Winnie usually stayed indoors with their partners, and Odyssey and Shockwave would sometimes be inside to help, Timothy and Gwen's other Pokémon lived out in the backyard. This included but was not limited to Poliwrath, Blitzwing, Gengar, Knightblade, Spoink, Cufant, Noctowl, Mudbray, Drifloon, Snorlax, Titus the Emboar, and Fenrir, the giant Arcanine. Timothy took Cufant out of its Pokéball so it could continue eating its breakfast with the other Pokémon. He went back inside just as Odyssey and Shockwave finished cleaning up, and Gwen washed the dishes. Timothy smirked as he walked over to his wife.

"It sounded like you had fun up there," Gwen said, not looking at Timothy.

"I did. Erin said you've become a bad influence on me," Timothy said.

Gwen snorted and said, "Really? That's cute considering how she influenced Coovers to express his feelings for her as flamboyantly as she expresses her feelings for him."